PDA

View Full Version : Raleigh NC Fairgrounds Card Show Today and Tomorrow

iwantitiwinit
06-17-2023, 11:23 AM
Anyone planning on attending? Did anyone go today. Any vintage? How was pricing, etc.

rand1com
06-17-2023, 11:34 AM
I used to set up at this show when I lived in Charlotte. It is a decent show with a hodgepodge of vintage and modern. Not likely that much pre war material unless it has changed a lot in the last few years. Saturday was historically the best day as dealers start clearing out early on Sundays. Deals can be made early on Sundays but I would get there when it opens if going tomorrow. Again, this is all based on my experiences there 5 or more years ago. There is an adjacent large flea market that I have found deals at early before the show opens but cards are hit or miss at the market.

Jewish-collector
06-17-2023, 11:40 AM
I actually loved attending that show a few years ago. One of my favorite shows. If I recall, there were a few dealers that had vintage cards, but not too many.

ccre
06-17-2023, 12:29 PM
I'm going to try to go tomorrow morning as I live 10 minutes from there. Typically you will see as many as 4 or 5 dealers with a good selection of vintage. Pre war or tobacco cards maybe 2 or 3 dealers. I probably wouldn't travel too far for this show though.

iwantitiwinit
06-17-2023, 01:14 PM
I'm going to try to go tomorrow morning as I live 10 minutes from there. Typically you will see as many as 4 or 5 dealers with a good selection of vintage. Pre war or tobacco cards maybe 2 or 3 dealers. I probably wouldn't travel too far for this show though.

I'm 2.5 hrs away but miss being at card shows. Still thinking about it. Thanks.

rand1com
06-17-2023, 05:58 PM
Not worth 5 hours of driving unless you are really on card show withdrawal.

Natedog
06-18-2023, 12:42 AM
I’ve attended quite a few of the Raleigh Fairgrounds shows over the last few years. The last one being a couple of months ago, and it was 95% modern with very little vintage. I bought a few of my T206’s there in the past at reasonable prices, but those finds are few and far between.