PDA

View Full Version : Some nice Basketball cards in REA last night Anybody bid / Win any?

bigfanNY
05-22-2023, 08:13 PM
Last night in Rea there were some nice lots of early Basketball Kahn's, Essex Meats Ashland Oil. Anybody else bid / Win any? I won one Kahn's but bid on 5 different lots. Some great cards were available at very reasonable prices. But so much stuff has been auctioned off so far this year it is tough to follow it all...never mind trying to budget for some of the things that can add to collection.
I still have a couple boxes to open from auctions earlier this month. Including last REA I was only bidder on a 46 BAA Warriors program autographed by 4 including Fuchs. A very tough auto that I was very happy to have on a first year Warriors program. I will post pics when I open up.

IndyDave
05-23-2023, 09:12 PM
I won the lot of 15 1957-63 Kahn's.

I was in the bidding for many of the lots you mention - Essex, Ashland, some other Kahn's. A few of those lots went up a lot in the last few hours.

I have the two years of color Kahn's basketball completed. I just love all the Kahn's of that style. Hoops and baseball completed. Probably need to get back to work on finishing off the football set.

bigfanNY
05-24-2023, 09:01 PM
Nice Win !! And although the bids did move the final day I thought all of the lots sold for a very fair price for the buyers. .. is it just me or is having to sort through nine thousand items in 4 or 5 Auctions getting to be less fun and more work? The big ones are 3-4k items ,spring summer and fall. And so many lots are coming up with items that had sold as recently as 2 or 3 years ago. Definitely a strage period in hobby history. Not the first time I have seen prices fluctuate but never so many large swings in so many different hobby categories.

Jewish-collector
05-25-2023, 03:23 PM
I can't figure out how the hell collectors can be track of every major auction, ebay, card shows, B/S/T boards, etc,... much less keep below budget. :D