PDA

View Full Version : Needle in a Haystack. I need all resources this place has!

Vintage Vern
04-21-2023, 06:29 PM
I'm trying to find a very hard item and if anyone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated. I'm looking for a 1953 team issued card from the Fargo Moorhead Twins. I'm looking for a particular player Jerry Mehlisch the card if I'm not mistaken actually reads Jerry (Mehlish). I have a picture of the card and I know where 1 is but it belongs to Jerry. I'd love to be able to own one for myself. If anyone knows of or knows of anyone that may have resources to get one please let me know. Thanks Chad

Vintage Vern
04-22-2023, 07:42 AM
This is a photo of the card I'm searching for.

mrreality68
04-22-2023, 08:21 AM
Good luck in the hunt

Just curious what is the story behind this obsession?

Vintage Vern
04-22-2023, 08:55 AM
He played for Clemons High school, a town of at the time 200 people. They finished runners up in the 1949 state championship going up against much, much, larger schools. They were dubbed the Clemons 9. I live in Clemons and collect anything I can find relevant to the town. I happened to find a team photo of that years team with names of all the players and coach. I located the 2 remaining players and started conversations and Jerry has been giving me old items of the Clemons 9. Verne Clemons who played for the St Louis Cardinals was also from the small town for his Grandfather named Clemons. Clemons Grove. One other person of interest is Sherb Noble one of the founders of Dairy Queen. I keep digging and finding more people that had impacted from this small community. Jerry was actually from Saint Anthony Iowa 3 miles from Clemons where my Grandmother was born in 1919.

Here is the photo of that 1949 team. The Clemons Comets The Clemons 9

Vintage Vern
04-22-2023, 08:58 AM
1949 team photo

mrreality68
04-22-2023, 09:24 AM
He played for Clemons High school, a town of at the time 200 people. They finished runners up in the 1949 state championship going up against much, much, larger schools. They were dubbed the Clemons 9. I live in Clemons and collect anything I can find relevant to the town. I happened to find a team photo of that years team with names of all the players and coach. I located the 2 remaining players and started conversations and Jerry has been giving me old items of the Clemons 9. Verne Clemons who played for the St Louis Cardinals was also from the small town for his Grandfather named Clemons. Clemons Grove. One other person of interest is Sherb Noble one of the founders of Dairy Queen. I keep digging and finding more people that had impacted from this small community. Jerry was actually from Saint Anthony Iowa 3 miles from Clemons where my Grandmother was born in 1919.

Here is the photo of that 1949 team. The Clemons Comets The Clemons 9

Wow thanks for sharing.
Great story and a lot of great info
Good luck

abothebear
04-22-2023, 04:11 PM
This is great. Thanks for sharing. I hope you find what you are looking for.

babraham
04-23-2023, 01:02 AM
Cool backstory!
Good luck on your hunt!

Jim65
04-23-2023, 04:27 AM
Cool story. I collect players from my hometown but I'm from a city so its easy to find some stuff. I can't imagine how tough it is to find stuff from such a small town.

Leon
04-26-2023, 07:36 AM
Nice story and good luck in the hunt!