PDA

View Full Version : Mantle, Cobb, Williams , Ruth Photos

Moonshot Moose
04-03-2023, 06:12 AM
Hey guys!
Does anyone know who originally made these plaques? Also, are photos usually cheap copies & do the frames open?

Thanks!

VintageHoarder
04-03-2023, 08:04 AM
These are very cool. Im not sure about the plaques, but to determine if what you have is a true photograph, you'll need to study them all under a loupe. There are many cheap computer prints in abundance. You can easily tell the difference between a true photo and some cheap computer copy.

Moonshot Moose
04-03-2023, 11:24 AM
These are very cool. Im not sure about the plaques, but to determine if what you have is a true photograph, you'll need to study them all under a loupe. There are many cheap computer prints in abundance. You can easily tell the difference between a true photo and some cheap computer copy.

Once I get them and pop them out, I will know 100% I found the plaques to be odd, though.

Michael B
04-03-2023, 02:52 PM
Those look like they are actually covered in epoxy and you will not be able to remove the photos. This was a very common style for certificates and awards. They would attach the certificate to the wood and cover it with the epoxy. The photos themselves were probably printed on a paper stock and not photographic paper.