PDA

View Full Version : "You Have Been Blocked" Error Message On Heritage's Site

shammus
12-10-2022, 04:13 PM
Anyone else getting this message? I was on their site earlier today placing a couple bids and suddenly, I can't access their site on any machine /device / browser....

Steve D
12-10-2022, 04:32 PM
I just logged in for the third time today, and no problems encountered; but then, I guess I'm not typing as fast as you apparently are ;)

Steve

Casey2296
12-10-2022, 04:38 PM
Logged in ok for me.

shammus
12-10-2022, 04:49 PM
It's odd, even devices that I've never logged into Heritage with are blocked immediately when I try to access the website. So I know I wouldn't be auto-logged in with some of these devices. Strange, I figured other people might be seeing this too since I'm seeing it on my laptop, phone, Amazon Fire and personal computer....heh

Casey2296
12-10-2022, 04:53 PM
It's odd, even devices that I've never logged into Heritage with are blocked immediately when I try to access the website. So I know I wouldn't be auto-logged in with some of these devices. Strange, I figured other people might be seeing this too since I'm seeing it on my laptop, phone, Amazon Fire and personal computer....heh

Maybe they just blocked folks from Kansas..

Seriously, if it persists and you need me to place a bid for you just let me know.

brass_rat
12-10-2022, 05:39 PM
From what I can tell, Heritage uses services that block and/or slow down (by making users respond to captchas) connections coming from certain IP addresses or providers.

It looks like you are using Google Fiber, and it could be that the service has detected bots coming from the same direction (not necessarily directed at Heritage) or it somehow got looped up with ranges that are similar to a Google VPN.

I'm certainly not the expert on this.

Two things you could try --

Reset and get a new IP address -- see if you can follow these instructions
https://support.google.com/fiber/answer/4643970?hl=en

Or

Use a VPN service to get your traffic coming from something other than Google Fiber Kansas City.

You also might just wait a day, and it could resolve on its own, too.

Good luck!
Steve

pokerplyr80
12-10-2022, 08:17 PM
I would start by calling Heritage and asking if the meant to block you or not.

shammus
12-11-2022, 10:51 AM
You also might just wait a day, and it could resolve on its own, too.

Good luck!
Steve

This ended up being the correct answer! LOL! Thank you Steve, I checked this morning and all had been magically fixed during the night! Perhaps Heritage reads this board? Either way, all looks good now!

I appreciate the kind suggestion, enjoy your weekend everyone,
Brian

brass_rat
12-11-2022, 11:09 AM
:)

Good to hear!