PDA

View Full Version : Scan? Jackson to Cobb letter

t206kid
01-13-2022, 08:27 PM
I saw this awesome 1947 letter from Joe Jackson to Ty Cobb in a giant BVG slab the other day on Goldin and now the link is dead / listing removed. Any chance anyone has a picture? Thanks.

https://goldin.co/item/1947-joe-jackson-signed-inscribed-typed-letter-to-ty-cobb-with-origina6k4tm?fbclid=IwAR3P91MTotX_j9tGc9J-WlswBfReDAGT0RVpCVIxQGUPpE0LoyGSyBnojwk

vthobby
01-13-2022, 09:09 PM
I saw this awesome 1947 letter from Joe Jackson to Ty Cobb in a giant BVG slab the other day on Goldin and now the link is dead / listing removed. Any chance anyone has a picture? Thanks.

https://goldin.co/item/1947-joe-jackson-signed-inscribed-typed-letter-to-ty-cobb-with-origina6k4tm?fbclid=IwAR3P91MTotX_j9tGc9J-WlswBfReDAGT0RVpCVIxQGUPpE0LoyGSyBnojwk

It's being re-written as we speak for a future auction!

:eek:

babraham
01-13-2022, 11:18 PM

I saw it too and then went back to look at it again and it was gone like 20 minutes later. :confused:

Brian Van Horn
01-13-2022, 11:33 PM
A scam in the hobby......?

It took me awhile to come up with the "?".

slightlyrounded
01-14-2022, 12:38 PM
From noted letter writer Joe Jackson? Sounds legit.

mrreality68
01-14-2022, 12:52 PM
Also saw it quickly while scanning the auction and yes then gone.
No opinion of if legit but suspect based on the quick glance of the signature.

Hopefully legit would be an amazing piece of if It is

bnorth
01-14-2022, 01:00 PM
It's being re-written as we speak for a future auction!

:eek:

In a brand new shiny slab that will bring more money.;):eek:

t206kid
01-16-2022, 06:10 AM
Bump. This was a real post and I’d really like to save a pic of the letter. Or get to the bottom of how it’s not real.

From my very quick glance it looked to have a postmarked envelope from Joe to Ty and it said Joe Jackson museum was willing to display the piece, which I thought was a solid plus. The JJ museum was publicly and entirely against the likely fake signed letter in Christie’s.

BillyCoxDodgers3B
01-17-2022, 07:16 AM
If you missed seeing the piece, your jaw would have dropped in disbelief--and not in a positive way.

Republicaninmass
01-17-2022, 07:29 AM
You mean there was a "vintage" item among the

17 individually listed jordan rcs (this is light, one auction had closer to 30)
7 tom brady "rookie ticket" cards

About 12 pages of modern shiny stuff.

I'm having a really hard time believing there is enough demand here. Aside from speculation they "will just go up" regardless of the narrative

Edited: not to mention multiple magazine "cut outs" billed as "true rookie" cards

bnorth
01-17-2022, 08:48 AM
You mean there was a "vintage" item among the

17 individually listed jordan rcs (this is light, one auction had closer to 30)
7 tom brady "rookie ticket" cards

About 12 pages of modern shiny stuff.

I'm having a really hard time believing there is enough demand here. Aside from speculation they "will just go up" regardless of the narrative

Isn't 98% of the hobby flippers pumping and dumping cards to each other at this point?

Republicaninmass
01-17-2022, 08:52 AM
Isn't 98% of the hobby flippers pumping and dumping cards to each other at this point?Guess you're right! I cant imagine a world where I consign a card....and there are SEVENTEEN of the same card competing in ONE auction

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Seven
01-17-2022, 09:51 AM
I feel like we're entering Housing levels of inflation. At least I can live in a house, what are some of these people going to do about their cards?

Michael Jordan, he's the biggest name in the sports history, I understand that. I don't understand the value behind his cards weren't a ton of them printed? Weren't dealers struggling to sell them in the 80s?