PDA

View Full Version : Sweet Caporal sealed pack, 1910 stamp

snaser
06-08-2021, 06:15 PM
Hi All! I’ve got a sealed pack of Sweet Caporal cigarettes. This has been in my collection for a couple of years and it has only seen the light of day twice. It’s got a tax stamp on it dated 1910. There are tiny bits of tobacco that fall out of the box as you can see in the pics. All my research points to a possible pin or card inside. This beauty cost me a lot of money. I’m posting to ask if anyone knows the best way to preserve it, and to try to get more information on this pack. Anyway, if anyone has advice, I would be grateful. NFS at the moment.

rdwyer
06-08-2021, 06:40 PM
Sorry but there were no cards inserted into factory 30, 4th district, NC. Maybe non sport, have to look...

http://www.baseballandtobacco.com/code.htm

snaser
06-09-2021, 12:33 AM
Let’s look! I’m excited to know what I’ve got here! 😁 How do I find out?

Mungo Hungo
06-09-2021, 12:51 AM
Here’s the strategy: Open it, and if there’s no card in there, return it.

The Guarantee clearly says that that if the cigarettes aren’t in perfect condition, or not entirely satisfactory in every way, you get a refund. After 111 years, the cigarettes clearly will not be satisfactory, so making a return should be quite easy.

egri
06-09-2021, 04:23 AM

The Guarantee clearly says that that if the cigarettes aren’t in perfect condition, or not entirely satisfactory in every way, you get a refund. After 111 years, the cigarettes clearly will not be satisfactory, so making a return should be quite easy.

And with ATC having been split up into 4 companies, OP will have four entities that owe him a new pack!:D

Eric72
06-09-2021, 07:15 AM

I could definitely see an eBay buyer trying to pull a stunt like this. Reminds me of the person who cracked a card out of a GAI holder and forced a return...

teza11
06-09-2021, 08:07 AM
I took a look at the non-sport side. I suspect no card inside as the three factory 30 candidates that I found all came out of New York.

Jeff

jbsports33
06-09-2021, 10:27 AM
pack is made in NC for Canada maybe, the company on the bottom is Canadian I think? after 1915 or something - these boxes always have hidden info - so look carefully

I found a card in a pack once - not a T206, but an Art stamp! and it was from 1912 and does not look like yours

Boxes can be different, do the research before you buy!

Also keep it a 25 card holder case, that should be perfect!

Good luck

Jimmy

toledo_mudhen
06-09-2021, 10:42 AM
According to T206 Museum

http://www.t206museum.com/page/ch_scbklt.html

The only SC packs that contained cards from NC were the following:

Sweet Caporal (Overprint) - Series 350-460 - Factory 42 - District 4 - State NC
Sweet Caporal - Series 350-460 - Factory 42 - District 4 - State NC