PDA

View Full Version : PSA damaged card, anyone with experience?

Jcosta19
04-02-2021, 07:48 PM
Just got this beauty back from PSA.
Not sure how this got through QA checks but the upper left corner is partially in the seal and now cut off.

There is also some weird red coloration on parts of the back of the slab.

I will be calling them tomorrow but wondering if anyone has experience with this?

Will they reholder and regrade, offer a partial payment for the damages, or something else?

Is this going to be a giant pain or do they typically take care of this stuff smoothly?

Thanks for any advice/experience.

Obviously super bummed after waiting months to get this back.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210403/fdafbc79acfface275a5df75d4549198.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210403/19c356c387991abc6ad27162daae75da.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210403/f17e24d35a67594f4656e74409e2f65d.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210403/9ec4997a279132e72dce89837f7dfe7a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

jb67
04-02-2021, 08:20 PM
I had a situation like that and when I called they asked me to send pictures. PSA took care of reholdering the card for me and it was a very quick turnaround. This was a couple of years ago so not sure how fast it would happened today.

Jcosta19
04-02-2021, 08:34 PM
I had a situation like that and when I called they asked me to send pictures. PSA took care of reholdering the card for me and it was a very quick turnaround. This was a couple of years ago so not sure how fast it would happened today.Was there any damage to the card?

Unfortunately mine is slightly into the actual sonic seal so I'm worried it will be completely cut off.

jb67
04-02-2021, 08:37 PM
I was lucky as there was no damage to the card. I knew when sending in that if it was damaged they could have lowered the grade. I was certain it had to have been damaged but they deemed it ok. I could not see any signs of damage when they returned it. Wishing the best of luck that your card is not overly damaged.

dio
04-02-2021, 08:56 PM
If this is SGC, everyone will be nailing their ass. PSA got special priviledges

Zact
04-03-2021, 08:34 AM
I have a lot of psa graded stamps ie 1955 Golden stamps. The holders are not so great and the stamps often slip under the insert during shipping. You can probably gently tap the case on the perpendicular axis and the card can be slid back into position. I do this often.

Jcosta19
04-03-2021, 10:58 AM
I have a lot of psa graded stamps ie 1955 Golden stamps. The holders are not so great and the stamps often slip under the insert during shipping. You can probably gently tap the case on the perpendicular axis and the card can be slid back into position. I do this often.That was my 1st thought but after some gentle, and then some not so gentle tapping, without budging I took a closer look and it was apparent that it was pinched into the seal.

irv
04-03-2021, 11:57 AM
That was my 1st thought but after some gentle, and then some not so gentle tapping, without budging I took a closer look and it was apparent that it was pinched into the seal.

In my opinion, PSA should be paying you full value for this card, (or what you paid if more?) fix the problem/re-slab and let you keep the card.

That's likely wishful thinking on my part as we all know PSA doesn't seem to operate that way, but, imo, that would be the proper thing to do.

Good luck. :)

rgpete
04-03-2021, 12:12 PM
And this is why I don't like third parties handling cards of mine just for this reason and also relying on Fedex UPS and USPS for getting the cards to and from the the third parties, just to many things can go wrong. I rather go in person and wait just wishful thinking

perezfan
04-03-2021, 05:12 PM
"After further review. we at PSA have determined that your Babe Ruth card is properly slabbed, and was not damaged whatsoever (by us)."

In terms of being painfully obvious, it rates about the same as AJ's altered Jackie Robinson Leaf card. So would not surprise me if their actual response is similar to the above.

Hope they compensate you in an appropriate and timely manner, and best of luck getting them to admit any liability for damages! :rolleyes:

cornhusker
04-03-2021, 08:41 PM
I had a similar issue recently. At the advice of my LCS, I emailed PSA with photos and basics of the complaint and prepared to raise heck when they returned my call.

CS called me within a few days, listened to me express my displeasure, then emailed FedEx labels and instructions for reholdering. They were very helpfull- probably due to the obviously encapsulation error and lack of quality control. Fortunately, it turned out there was no creasing or damage and the cards were back in hand (with the same grade) within a few weeks. I found customer service to be outstanding.

It is a bummer that you need to go though getting this fixed- hopefully CS treats you right (don't accept anything less). There is a contact link in their website. Best of luck

27 Championships
04-04-2021, 07:29 AM
Not the same issue but I was just wondering...is PSA receptive to reslabbing cards and correcting wrong identification on their labels?

I just got back a 1937 Goudey Wide Pen Type 4 DiMaggio portrait that I have seen consistently mislabeled as a 1936 Goudey Wide Pen Type 1. The biggest problem with this is the incorrect 1936 label is always marketed as a rookie card. REA has another example of this in their current auction. I even sent them copies of the pages from SCBBC to point out this problem but they did it anyway.

Jcosta19
04-04-2021, 07:44 AM
Not the same issue but I was just wondering...is PSA receptive to reslabbing cards and correcting wrong identification on their labels?

I just got back a 1937 Goudey Wide Pen Type 4 DiMaggio portrait that I have seen consistently mislabeled as a 1936 Goudey Wide Pen Type 1. The biggest problem with this is the incorrect 1936 label is always marketed as a rookie card. REA has another example of this in their current auction. I even sent them copies of the pages from SCBBC to point out this problem but they did it anyway.Not sure how receptive they are but they have a QA/label error section in the customer request center tab in the "My account" section.

In those cases someone usually gets back to you in a few days via email. That is how I reporter the above issue (and also slabs that have been returned cracked in the past).

Can you post or send those pages here or to me also for reference?