PDA

View Full Version : ENDING TOMORROW! RMY Auctions • Winter Premier Auction

prewarsports
03-05-2021, 11:41 AM
RMY Auctions Winter Premier Auction ENDING TOMORROW Saturday, March 6th!

Our best selection of 1300+ AMAZING vintage photos! Featuring Charles Conlon glass plate negatives.

Place initial bids by 8:00 PM EST 03/06/21. A 10-minute clock for each lot will start at Midnight EST and lots will then close individually. If a bid on a lot is placed during the 10 minutes, then the clock will restart on that lot only.

Registration is free and only takes a few minutes.

Thanks again to all our friends on Net54 for helping us grow and as a result, continue to offer the finest selection of vintage photography in the hobby!

Snapolit1
03-05-2021, 11:47 AM
Rhys - you have a number of really cool glass negatives going off tomorrow night. Just wondering, do those need any kind of special handling? I've never owned one. Anything you would recommend?

Thanks. Great auction.

Schlesinj
03-05-2021, 06:12 PM
Rhys - you have a number of really cool glass negatives going off tomorrow night. Just wondering, do those need any kind of special handling? I've never owned one. Anything you would recommend?

Thanks. Great auction.

I was wondering the same thing.

prewarsports
03-08-2021, 01:24 AM
Sorry for the late response.

I have spoken to many different collectors who store their negatives all differently. Mylar is great because it ensures no acid on the emulsion. We have ours in a plastic sleeve with backer board (similar to a comic book but tighter) and then we have placed that into a larger top loader for protection.

I have thought about the idea of a holder for negatives since they are generally standard sizes (5x7 for the older ones and 4x6 after that). I am not sure if the finished product would be worth the cost when it was all said and done though. There is no commercially made holder out there that I have seen which allows for handling and display that allows the negative to viewed (which is of course half the fun of owning it).