PDA

View Full Version : PSA photo authentication turnaround time

the-illini
01-31-2021, 05:21 PM
Hello

Has anyone used PSA's photo authentication/holdering service lately? Are the turnaround times as bad as they currently are with cards?

Thanks

Chris

mybestbretts
01-31-2021, 06:57 PM
i HAVE USED THE PSA PHOTO AUTHENTICATION SERVICE IN THE LAST
SEVERAL MONTHS AND THE TIME IS SO MUCH BETTER. I ALSO HAD A PHOTO AUTHENTICATED AND THEN AUTOGRAPH AUTHENTICATED AND THAT WAS
PRETTY QUICK COMPARED TO CARD GRADING.

mybestbretts
01-31-2021, 06:59 PM
I might say, the cost on modern day player press photos authentication is terribly high, in my opinion.

perezfan
02-01-2021, 10:41 AM
I might say, the cost on modern day player press photos authentication is terribly high, in my opinion.

That's pretty much a no-brainer determination that should take them about 8 seconds max. What did they charge (if you don't mind me asking?)

D. Bergin
02-01-2021, 11:28 AM
I got a North Carolina Jordan photo back in a couple of weeks this past summer.

Standard, no rush service.

Bicem
02-01-2021, 12:09 PM
Package arrived on 1/20 and has not been logged into the system yet if that's any indication. Have no idea what to expect on overall turnaround time.

Edited to add: I followed up with PSA and it's already been authenticated, so looks like turnaround times aren't bad at all right now.

lumberjack
02-03-2021, 06:48 PM
I have a question, when you have a photo certified by PSA, do they have to be slabbed, or can you get a paper certification. Do they give you a choice. Once the photos are buried in plastic, Lenin's Tomb, if you will, they seem to use something aesthetically.

It isn't clear why they can't back stamp the image. Most vintage photos are already slopped up to begin with, another piece of information on the reverse isn't going to change the value.
lumberjack

ooo-ribay
02-03-2021, 08:44 PM
That's pretty much a no-brainer determination that should take them about 8 seconds max.

It takes a highly skilled “authenticator.” :rolleyes:

D. Bergin
02-03-2021, 10:11 PM
I have a question, when you have a photo certified by PSA, do they have to be slabbed, or can you get a paper certification. Do they give you a choice. Once the photos are buried in plastic, Lenin's Tomb, if you will, they seem to use something aesthetically.

It isn't clear why they can't back stamp the image. Most vintage photos are already slopped up to begin with, another piece of information on the reverse isn't going to change the value.
lumberjack

Encapsulation costs 30 bucks more. Otherwise it’s just a COA.

Picklepete
02-11-2021, 03:46 PM
Hologram sticker & matching cert. card.