PDA

View Full Version : Tech help? Adding large images, right side up!

Belfast1933
01-23-2021, 08:25 AM
I’m sure this has been asked/answered before but one helpful member suggested asking again here...

Why are my uploaded images always very small to view and often they end up viewed on their side, once I post the image

Thx for the fix or direction another thread to solve my mystery here

(Adding my newest card, as I think is tradition or protocol, right? My one/only 52 Topps HOfer... thx Don!)

swarmee
01-23-2021, 08:33 AM
You need to upload them to a photo sharing website first. I use Facebook, since the images stay very large and clear. One downside is the images seem to disappear from the threads after a few months.
IMGUR, IMGBB, etc are supposedly better.

Then you click the yellow sky over mountain button at the top of the text box, then paste (making sure to overwrite the automatically filled in https:// ) with the full URL of the photo location on a different website. That will embed it in your post instead of attaching it.

Some people also have better luck logging on the tapatalk app if they're using cellphones.

Leon
01-23-2021, 08:58 AM
If you use a computer you can upload them very easily to this forum. This one was uploaded from my laptop to the forum.
IF you use a phone or tablet see what John said....

Ricky
01-23-2021, 10:34 AM
I use a computer and upload images easily but for some reason they appear on their side... any advice?

swarmee
01-23-2021, 10:40 AM
I use a computer and upload images easily but for some reason they appear on their side... any advice?
Some people have had luck opening them in Paint (or a different photo editor), then cropping or resizing it to get within the size limits, then saving it. For some reason, this seems to orient it properly once it's uploaded to the board.

Ricky
01-23-2021, 10:54 AM
Thanks John, I’ll try that.

Belfast1933
01-24-2021, 06:42 AM
Thanks for the tips, guys.... I do 99% of my posting via my phone which might explain part of my challenge

swarmee
01-24-2021, 06:47 AM
Thanks for the tips, guys.... I do 99% of my posting via my phone which might explain part of my challenge
I think this is the main issue, because the orientation of the camera isn't always in the direction you think it is when you take the picture. So even though it displays "correctly" on your phone, it's still actually sideways but you're looking at it sideways. Once you bring it into a photo editing program, you're now either changing or confirming the photo direction.