PDA

View Full Version : Protecting/preserving legal size docs

Snapolit1
01-18-2021, 07:44 AM
Does anyone have a good safe way of storing legal size docs like player contracts? None of the albums I see on amazon accommodate larger sizes. I definitely want some card board support or something similar as some of the paper is very fragile. And suggestions appreciated.

doug.goodman
01-18-2021, 10:05 AM
https://itoya.com/products/presentation-book-portfolios/the-original-art-profolio/

Snapolit1
01-18-2021, 11:07 AM
Thx Doug.

smokelessjoe
01-18-2021, 11:54 AM
Hi Steve,

You can use Archival File Folders as well. Should be Acid and Lignin free and buffered. I like to use these if my documents and in pretty good condition and if I plan on using / viewing them often. Come in many sizes etc. Gaylord.com as well as others sell these archival products.

I do have several of the Art Profolio albums some of which are really large. I usually use these if my documents are in fragile condition. I also sleeve all of my documents that I put in these albums for two reasons. Again, usually its my more fragile items so it further protects them from tears etc. - also it makes them easier for placing them and removing them.

I always use sleeves that are PAT approved. (Photographic Activity Test) This is one more extra step of protection that I like to have as sometimes I will include LARGE photographs in these albums as well. So to be clear: you can buy archival safe, acid free sheet protectors that have NOT passed the PAT. and I stay away from those.

One other thing I would like to mention. Over the years I have found it much easier to place your documents in the ProFolio Albums if you First sandwich your document between two pieces of paper - slide the sandwich into the sleeve then pull out the two outside papers one at a time. This way you have not handled the actual document and you prevent the document from catching on the sleeve itself and possibly creasing or tearing it.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

doug.goodman
01-18-2021, 12:45 PM
One other thing I would like to mention. Over the years I have found it much easier to place your documents in the ProFolio Albums if you First sandwich your document between two pieces of paper - slide the sandwich into the sleeve then pull out the two outside papers one at a time. This way you have not handled the actual document and you prevent the document from catching on the sleeve itself and possibly creasing or tearing it.

Yes

Snapolit1
01-18-2021, 02:20 PM
Really great advice. Thanks guys.

doug.goodman
01-18-2021, 08:13 PM
Sometimes, for extra fragile items, I keep items inside of bags or sleeves in addition to using the profolio album pages.