PDA

View Full Version : 1919 Milwaukee Brewers Team Photo

ThomasL
01-14-2021, 05:18 PM
Im curious if anyone has this photo of the 1919 Brewers team with the identifications on it? Thxs

(I mean if I were picking and guessing I could get a few but Im wanting a version of this photo with the actual label with player IDs)

Chris Counts
01-15-2021, 08:49 AM
Can you post a much larger photo? Or maybe larger sections of it? I see that Ed Walsh pitched a few games for Milwaukee that year ...

ThomasL
01-15-2021, 09:38 AM
This sold at a love of the game auction a few years back and you can find it here on this link and use their zoom feature (much better and easier than me trying to do anything)

Again Im not look for guess work on this, I am trying to find this image in print with the players IDed bc the guys I'm looking for are very very hard to find clear images of and may be in this photo (depending on when it was taken in the season)

Ed Walsh is not in this photo, but Johnny Mostil, Snake Henry, Doug McWeeny and Bruno Haas are (the ones I can easily ID) and of course Clarence Rowland as manager

https://loveofthegameauctions.com/extraordinary_1919_milwaukee_brewers_oversize_team-lot3861.aspx

ThomasL
01-15-2021, 09:41 AM
Here is one of the Guide pages with this image and players numbered but they did not print who the players were...thus here we are