PDA

View Full Version : 1925 Pirates Team Photo Pin Advertisement

aelefson
01-12-2021, 10:10 PM
This information might already be known but I ran across an advertisement for the 1925 Pirates Champions photo pin in the June 1926 issue of Boy's Life magazine (Boy Scout magazine). Below is the text of the ad.

Baseball.
Beautiful Picture of the Pittsburg Pirates
Champions!
Mounted 55 cents postpaid
Plain 12 cents postpaid
special rates to clubs
D. Rose
PO Box 1690
Pittsburgh PA

I have attached a picture of the ad. Does anyone have one of these pins? Please post your example. I am surprised by the large difference between the mounted and unmounted versions. Does that have to with the backing?

Alan

ooo-ribay
01-13-2021, 06:45 AM
This information might already be known but I ran across an advertisement for the 1925 Pirates Champions photo pin in the June 1926 issue of Boy's Life magazine (Boy Scout magazine). Below is the text of the ad.

Baseball.
Beautiful Picture of the Pittsburg Pirates
Champions!
Mounted 55 cents postpaid
Plain 12 cents postpaid
special rates to clubs
D. Rose
PO Box 1690
Pittsburgh PA

I have attached a picture of the ad. Does anyone have one of these pins? Please post your example. I am surprised by the large difference between the mounted and unmounted versions. Does that have to with the backing?

Alan

That is awesome! I wonder if it’s similar to this Holy Grail?

bobfreedman
01-13-2021, 08:39 AM
These are awesome and the size of it makes them very attractive

aelefson
01-13-2021, 10:45 AM
Very cool Bob! Thank you for posting that. It does look great. I wonder if yours is the mounted or unmounted version. Rob, I wonder if a similar advertisement could be found for the Red Sox pin or other early pins.

Alan

bobfreedman
01-13-2021, 04:49 PM
Very cool Bob! Thank you for posting that. It does look great. I wonder if yours is the mounted or unmounted version. Rob, I wonder if a similar advertisement could be found for the Red Sox pin or other early pins.

Alan

Mine is the mounted version. The unmounted version is just the image of the pin on a square piece of paper. The cool thing about this pin is the size. It is about the size of a 45 record if anyone remembers those?

ksfarmboy
01-13-2021, 05:05 PM
Can’t remember who I sold it to now but it was a Mother’s bread pin advertisement. Pretty cool advertisement as it came from a player that was in the set.

aelefson
01-13-2021, 06:55 PM
Bob, yours is a great example and I am glad the person who bought it spent the extra 43 cents back then! Clint, that advertisement sounds interesting. Did you keep a picture?

Alan

ksfarmboy
01-13-2021, 07:07 PM
Bob, yours is a great example and I am glad the person who bought it spent the extra 43 cents back then! Clint, that advertisement sounds interesting. Did you keep a picture?

Alan

Alan I didn’t save a picture. I remember it being fairly large and checking my old messages Greg Sayhey24 bought it. So hopefully he reads this and can share it.

sayhey24
01-16-2021, 06:26 AM
Clint and Alan,

Here is the Mother's Bread ad -- my photography is terrible, it looks much better in person.

Greg

sayhey24
01-16-2021, 06:43 AM
Here's an order form for the gold player position pins, and my favorite pin advertising piece of all time -- a giant pin that would hang in a store advertising the Kolb's baseball pins.

Greg

batsballsbases
01-16-2021, 07:07 AM
Here's an order form for the gold player position pins, and my favorite pin advertising piece of all time -- a giant pin that would hang in a store advertising the Kolb's baseball pins.

Greg

I remember that pin! Its a great piece.... Hello Greg!:D

ksfarmboy
01-16-2021, 07:57 AM
That’s the one Greg. Thanks for sharing. It came from Ralph Winegarner and was part of a scrapbook his wife put together. That Kolb’s pin is awesome!

sayhey24
01-16-2021, 08:36 AM
Hello Al, hope all is well!

Thanks for selling me that piece way back when Clint -- I love stuff like that!

Greg