PDA

View Full Version : MLB Auctions - Jeter Auto/help with return

DanP
01-05-2021, 05:07 AM
I've been trying now for almost a month to get a response back from MLB Actions regarding the Jeter autographed baseball I received. See the photo's and the ink bleed which was there on the first day I received the ball.

I just opened a Paypal dispute. Do anyone of you have any other ideas as to how I should proceed?

It's crazy they could even send a ball that looks like this and try and get away with the sale. I would never purchase from them again. Their customer service is non-existent.

Thanks for your help.

tazdmb
01-05-2021, 06:25 AM
Ugh, did you use a Credit Card through Paypal? If so, I would go through your Credit Card Company.

Klrdds
01-05-2021, 07:32 AM
For the $799 I'd be very disappointed and request either a new baseball or a refund. If they don't respond then I'd open up a dispute with my credit card company. MLB should know better !
PS you probably can find a Derek Jeter autographed baseball w/ an inscription (if that's your desire ) from a reputable AH if you're patient for less money.
Unfortunately this disclaimer at the bottom of the page listing your item ( I looked it up on the MLB Auction website ) may be a problem :

Conditions of Sale
Items are sold in "as-is" condition. Due to the unique nature of each item, all sales are final. It is up to the discretion of MLB.com whether or not a return request will be accepted. In rare cases of shipping damages, please contact MLB.com Customer Service within 48 hours of delivery for return instructions.

Good Luck !

DanP
01-05-2021, 08:07 AM
Ugh, did you use a Credit Card through Paypal? If so, I would go through your Credit Card Company.

I opened a dispute with PayPal and MLB Auctions emailed within an hour. It sounds like they will take care of it. Thanks!

todeen
01-05-2021, 01:04 PM
I opened a dispute with PayPal and MLB Auctions emailed within an hour. It sounds like they will take care of it. Thanks!

Glad this got resolved for you.

I have purchased with Cincinnati Auctions three times now. This year the communication is worse than 2019, and I imagine that is due to downsizing departments. I sent an email to Cincinnati Auctions with no response maybe in November. In 2019, I wanted photo evidence of the game used item I purchased, and I got it lickety split. They sent a picture from the team photographer. Overall, though, I've enjoyed working with them.

Jim65
01-06-2021, 12:10 PM
Its amazing how quickly a PayPal dispute gets a sellers attention. :D

batsballsbases
01-07-2021, 06:58 AM
Hope it works out for you.. Funny here might be a little more ammunition as the photo above doesnt match the autograph below. You could argue they used the bait and switch method. Same photo different item sent..... As far as I remember ebay tells you to use only 1 photo (actual) on the items being sold...

packs
01-07-2021, 07:18 AM
Glad it worked out. Seems to be no rhyme or reason re: why one particular ball doesn't take to ink. I wish there was a way to spot a flaw in the leather or something before using the ball.

Jim65
01-07-2021, 07:21 AM
You could argue they used the bait and switch method. Same photo different item sent

Agreed. Its clearly not the same ball.