PDA

View Full Version : 1977 World Series Game 6 Ticket Stub

mainemule
01-03-2021, 07:32 AM
Never expected to find this in a Central Maine antiques shop but surprisingly I did yesterday. The shop owner told me the booth owner is an older guy who has a collection he is selling off and I have no reason to not believe him.

I always loved Reggie as a kid, even though I am a diehard Sox guy, and this was the prime of my childhood.

Not sure whether I keep it, slab it (to keep or sell) or sell.

This looks to be in great shape but not really sure how PSA deals with stubs. There is a small amount of paper on the lower left that was not perforated cleanly. Does this hamper the grading? If it does, I am not sure I am comfortable trying to remove the very small pieces.

Ironically/Interestingly yesterday morning I saw an MLB Network social media post yesterday that Reggie himself started about "if you could go back in time to watch one game what would it be?" His game 6 heroics was of course discussed so I of course had to buy this when I completely stumbled upon it.

NiceDocter
01-03-2021, 08:16 AM
Great pickup!

tkd7
01-03-2021, 10:03 AM
Great ticket!

I’m not totally sure how PSA handles perforations but typically it is not a big impact on grade. I’d look closely at the ticket for any creases, even tiny ones, that would bring the grade down. I typically choose authenticate only for my vintage stubs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mainemule
01-03-2021, 10:17 AM
Great ticket!

I’m not totally sure how PSA handles perforations but typically it is not a big impact on grade. I’d look closely at the ticket for any creases, even tiny ones, that would bring the grade down. I typically choose authenticate only for my vintage stubs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks- I looked at this real closely and it looks real nice. The Pop report does not have many graded for this game. To me it seems it is a 4-5 at minimum and possibly higher depending how they really grade these.

roarfrom34
01-05-2021, 05:05 AM
Thanks- I looked at this real closely and it looks real nice. The Pop report does not have many graded for this game. To me it seems it is a 4-5 at minimum and possibly higher depending how they really grade these.

I'd get it slabbed as simply "authentic" and not apply a numerical grade

mainemule
01-05-2021, 06:21 PM
I'd get it slabbed as simply "authentic" and not apply a numerical grade

Thanks for your comment. Can you please explain the pros and cons of one versus the other (authentic vs. a grade)? Thanks.....

megalimey
01-06-2021, 12:11 PM
nice ticket STUB but quite common
maybe because who would not keep a W/S Yankees ticket
where the straw hit 3 Homers
any way HERE IS ONE SOLD ON EBAY GRADED $177

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1977-World-Series-Game-6-Ticket-Stub-NY-Yankees-Win-WS-Reggie-Jackson-3-HRs-Gm-/363219266507?hash=item54918e2bcb%3Ag%3ARiQAAOSww-Zf1tCJ&nma=true&si=2oMPAckMQHmOSR5smTXLwVj%252BHts%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

COST OF GRADING $59

UNGRADED TICKET SELL FOR ABOUT $75 less depending on condition
so unless its a very high grade its not worth slabbing

mainemule
01-06-2021, 03:31 PM
nice ticket STUB but quite common
maybe because who would not keep a W/S Yankees ticket
where the straw hit 3 Homers
any way HERE IS ONE SOLD ON EBAY GRADED $177

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1977-World-Series-Game-6-Ticket-Stub-NY-Yankees-Win-WS-Reggie-Jackson-3-HRs-Gm-/363219266507?hash=item54918e2bcb%3Ag%3ARiQAAOSww-Zf1tCJ&nma=true&si=2oMPAckMQHmOSR5smTXLwVj%252BHts%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

COST OF GRADING $59

UNGRADED TICKET SELL FOR ABOUT $75 less depending on condition
so unless its a very high grade its not worth slabbing

I see

Ticket Authentication & Grading

ECONOMY
$20/ticket

80 Business Days

$249 maximum declared value.

I did see the EBAY sale. Thanks....

Oh, and it is doubtful I would part with this for the time being.