PDA

View Full Version : Opinion sellers vs m101-2 supplements

doug.goodman
01-02-2021, 05:25 PM
Hi guys -

Does the world's leading opinion seller for cards have a different system for issuing opinions about supplements?

I am potentially selling a Collins m101-2 and went to the interwebs to get an idea of resent sales prices.

While checking ebay, I came upon these two which are both obviously trimmed (see the lack of grass below his right heal, and the name box) yet both received a # grade.

Mine is the front / back scan and the one on the bottom of the overlay.

Just curious,
Doug

nolemmings
01-02-2021, 11:01 PM
My guess is that those were not trimmed but were cut slightly different during production.

doug.goodman
01-02-2021, 11:56 PM
My guess is that those were not trimmed but were cut slightly different during production.

Possibly, but the difference of the distance from the top of the date box to the upper edge of the supplement is not enough to make for the it, so the other two are both shorter.

But, the "maybe" is enough to cover the logic of the opinion sellers, so I'm good with it.

Doug

hcv123
01-03-2021, 03:59 PM
"The opinion sellers" :D So my experience with the opinion sellers is they are all over the map with some of the odd/less seen by them issues. I have seen cards with the same numerical grades that non hobby novices would be able to clearly identify 1 as clearly better condition. I have seen trimmed cards in holders with number grades. I am not familiar with the particular issue in question so have no personal opinion to add as to if they are trimmed or not.

doug.goodman
01-03-2021, 04:11 PM
"The opinion sellers" :D So my experience with the opinion sellers is they are all over the map with some of the odd/less seen by them issues. I have seen cards with the same numerical grades that non hobby novices would be able to clearly identify 1 as clearly better condition. I have seen trimmed cards in holders with number grades. I am not familiar with the particular issue in question so have no personal opinion to add as to if they are trimmed or not.

Calling them that covers all of them, and none of them are particularly good at it based on what you mention in your post.

bigfanNY
01-03-2021, 10:01 PM
Sad part is that clearly better condition card will most likely sell for less than trimmed one in slab... can't fight city hall.

doug.goodman
01-04-2021, 12:06 PM
Sad part is that clearly better condition card will most likely sell for less than trimmed one in slab... can't fight city hall.

It's not that sad for the buyer of the nice one...