PDA

View Full Version : Old Cardboard eMagazine #176 Set for Delivery this Week

lhardem
12-14-2020, 09:57 PM
Greetings,

Just a reminder that the December issue of the quarterly Old Cardboard eMagazine will be distributed later this week. If you would like to sign up for a FREE subscription, just send an email to editor@oldcardboard.com.

The December issue (Issue #176) contains several strong articles, including the lead article by Net54 member Todd Schultz that details the 1910-12 PX7 Domino Disks. The article also references an updated Checklist and for the first time a complete PX7 Gallery that includes examples of all 129 players in the set.

Another article makes a strong case for the incredible (skeptics might say not credible) discovery of a Mel Ott rookie card revealed for the first time earlier this year in Australia. Veteran Australian collector Steve Flemming makes the case; we'll leave it to our readers to form their own conclusions.

Rounding out the issue is a profile article detailing the obscure Blum's Bulletin premiums from the early 1930s. Thanks to Old Cardboard reader Doug Goodman (also a Net54 member), we have been able to document the set to a new level of detail. A complete gallery of all 22 known premiums is also included.

We hope that you enjoy the issue.

Happy collecting,
Lyman

nolemmings
12-17-2020, 09:10 AM
Thought I'd use this as an opportunity to renew my request for Px7 disk info, especially scans. Thanks to Lyman for adding a colorful gallery of the set and for his help with the article.

At this point I have several hundred different scans of these disks, but am looking for more. Many times I see scans of just the fronts, which of course is better than nothing, but I am trying to identify as many domino combinations on the backs as I can (probably a fools errand).

Of the 129 subjects, I have confirmed the following fronts:
Full Face:
Brown=109
Red=106
Blue=97
Green=106

Thin Face:
Red=79
Blue=66
Green=63

Sometime early next year I hope to post a list of the disks I have not confirmed. In the meantime, please feel free to pm me or post any disks that you've come across since my thread on this issue a few months ago:
https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=282682&highlight=domino