PDA

View Full Version : Leland's

Shoeless Moe
12-11-2020, 06:03 PM
Got to give Leland's credit. I think ending on a Friday Night during the Pandemic is the way to go.

And since this more then likely will be going to mid-Summer before things start to return to normal, I hope other auction houses consider Friday night endings.

I've got nothing consigned to them and probably am already out on the bidding, but I call 'em like I see 'em.

I might just be watching for the entertainment after midnight.

riggs336
12-11-2020, 09:42 PM
All the lots I bid on had closed by 10:30 Central.

Casey2296
12-11-2020, 09:49 PM
Friday seems like on odd day, I'm still working late on Friday to support my pre-war habit. Saturday would be perfect for late night auctions, Sunday for auctions that end at a decent hour. I'm assuming AH's time off each other based on their size, prestige, etc. so they don't conflict with each other too.

Exhibitman
12-12-2020, 10:53 AM
It did close shocking fast. I went back to look at a few lots after dinner and they were all gone.

Perhaps some auction fatigue?

Or perhaps eBay? I know I've spent far more on eBay than with AHs in the last year. My MO with mainstream cards is to watch lots at auction and when they go past where I think they should, hunt for lower BINs on eBay. Works pretty well lately.

hammertime
12-12-2020, 11:38 AM
I set one bid around 9EST, went to bed, woke up and saw I won! My first auction victory. :D

hammertime
12-13-2020, 02:43 AM
I apologize if this is a silly question but I'm new to the world of auction houses...how long does it take to receive an invoice? I should get an email right? TIA.

Mark17
12-13-2020, 02:47 AM
I apologize if this is a silly question but I'm new to the world of auction houses...how long does it take to receive an invoice? I should get an email right? TIA.

Wait until after the weekend, probably Monday or Tuesday. Leland's won't forget about you, don't worry.

Casey2296
12-13-2020, 03:25 AM

Log in to your AH account the morning after, there's usually an invoice generated by that time that you can view.

Baseball Rarities
12-13-2020, 05:13 PM
I received an email today with my invoice and it is already accessible online.

hammertime
12-14-2020, 04:56 AM
As did I...thanks for helping out an AH n00b.

Jobu
12-14-2020, 03:52 PM
Anyone here win the lot of photos of pitchers who have thrown no hitters?