PDA

View Full Version : E121 American Caramel Babe Ruth PSA A listed on ebay

Gobucsmagic74
12-03-2020, 08:22 AM
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1921-E121-American-Caramel-Series-Of-80-Babe-Ruth-PSA-Authentic/383838008871?hash=item595e873627:g:Jq0AAOSw7GVfxtg 6

Nothing to see here I'm sure, especially considering the guy (ILovevintagebaseball) who was offering it two days ago on Net54 (and said it was his ebay listing to end when he chooses) was also the previous seller to the guy with (3) feedback (current auction which he said was his to end, mind your own business, put up or shut up, etc.) and then asked Leon to close the other BST threads. Guess he should of asked Leon to delete those previous threads rather than lock them :rolleyes:

Seven
12-03-2020, 08:41 AM
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1921-E121-American-Caramel-Series-Of-80-Babe-Ruth-PSA-Authentic/383838008871?hash=item595e873627:g:Jq0AAOSw7GVfxtg 6

Wow that was a quick turnaround by the gentleman with (3) feedback. Nothing to see here I'm sure, especially considering the previous seller asked Leon to close the other thread in BST :rolleyes:

Where there's smoke

Leon
12-03-2020, 08:42 AM
Been talked about for days in the BST. His account was just deleted per his request.

https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=292692

Nothing to see here I'm sure, especially considering the guy (ILovevintagebaseball) who was offering it two days ago on Net54 (and said it was his ebay listing to end when he chooses) was also the previous seller to the guy with (3) feedback (current auction which he said was his end, mind your own business, etc.) and then asked Leon to close the other BST threads. Guess he should of asked Leon to delete those previous threads rather than lock them :rolleyes:

Gobucsmagic74
12-03-2020, 09:05 AM
Been talked about for days in the BST. His account was just deleted per his request.

https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=292692

Excellent...glad to hear that. Still thought it was worthy of ongoing discussion since the guy is clearly working with two accounts and likely will be playing with/shilling this auction as well

oceansidelivingcowboy
12-09-2020, 10:34 PM
Came across this gem of a thread looking for a Ruth card...WOW. I thought these threads are to help each other sell and buy and enjoy the hobby? Anyway, I'm just going to vouch for the guy because it seems almost nobody else even gave him a chance (go ahead, cut me down too). The auction in question was an unpaid transaction who strung him along for about a month. None of you have ever experienced this selling on eBay? I'd be shocked if that were true. I've bought a high grade 1907 Dietsche Cobb (Batting) off of him as well as a complete T206 NY Highlanders collection all mid-grade (27 cards, all player variations, obviously not all the backs). He was honest and transparent in both dealings with me spanning several years. He went out of his way to address my questions and concerns (of which there were many) and we happily referred others to each other in a few other trades/deals ('52 Mantle, Walter Johnson Cutlery Card and a Blue Wagner M116 to name a few). I wish we would all give each other the benefit of the doubt and help each other along instead of cutting each other down.

RCMcKenzie
12-09-2020, 11:56 PM
I showed this one to my brother. He said the Goudey's are the good ones. make an offer...

Aquarian Sports Cards
12-10-2020, 02:41 AM
Apparently Ebay isn't giving him the "benefit of the doubt" either since they pulled the listing...

oceansidelivingcowboy
12-10-2020, 12:03 PM
I showed this one to my brother. He said the Goudey's are the good ones. make an offer...

Define good. More popular, absolutely. Outside of his rookie and near-rookie issues (Baltimore, M101/D329, 1917, 1921) they do command the higher values per grade. If your goal is to resell I'd go for one of those although they have shot up to unreasonable levels recently especially for those Auth or Poor. For me, nothing beats an actual photo of the player, regardless of rookie year or issue. I generally try to get as close to their rookie year with a real photo on the card. The cartoon drawings just don't hold the same nostalgia for me. That's why I commandeered an '07 Cobb vs his T206. Although, his T206 is so iconic I may have to get one soon enough. To each their own and good luck in the search!

Leon
12-13-2020, 03:03 PM
Define good. More popular, absolutely. Outside of his rookie and near-rookie issues (Baltimore, M101/D329, 1917, 1921) they do command the higher values per grade. If your goal is to resell I'd go for one of those although they have shot up to unreasonable levels recently especially for those Auth or Poor. For me, nothing beats an actual photo of the player, regardless of rookie year or issue. I generally try to get as close to their rookie year with a real photo on the card. The cartoon drawings just don't hold the same nostalgia for me. That's why I commandeered an '07 Cobb vs his T206. Although, his T206 is so iconic I may have to get one soon enough. To each their own and good luck in the search!

Of course you, my friend, are a troll who gave bad registration info. Happy collecting....

pokerplyr80
12-13-2020, 03:18 PM
Of course you, my friend, are a troll who gave bad registration info. Happy collecting....

That makes sense. I read his previous comment and was trying to figure out how someone could vouch for that seller of the Ruth card. Probably the same guy.