PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else going through the mental strategy of multiple auctions at the same time?

Throttlesteer
11-30-2020, 02:57 PM
It's tough when there are so many big auctions running at the same time. Is anyone else going through mental gymnastics and complex decision trees when it comes to what, when, and where to place bids for everything closing in the next two weeks? It's hard to keep track of!

Casey2296
11-30-2020, 03:10 PM
It's tough when there are so many big auctions running at the same time. Is anyone else going through mental gymnastics and complex decision trees when it comes to what, when, and where to place bids for everything closing in the next two weeks? It's hard to keep track of!

Excel is your friend during auction season. Unfortunately when I hit subtotal in my max bid column the number was twice what my budget is...

slightlyrounded
11-30-2020, 03:33 PM
Hoping to win all my bids while praying I won't - it must be December again.

hcv123
11-30-2020, 04:43 PM
1 auction at a time!

sbfinley
11-30-2020, 05:20 PM
I have a habit of making place bids instead of watching items. Sometimes I do that in the middle of the night with scotch.

I also have a habit of receiving invoices for items and auctions I don't even remember seeing. It happens.

Mark
11-30-2020, 08:35 PM
I have a habit of making place bids instead of watching items. Sometimes I do that in the middle of the night with scotch.

I also have a habit of receiving invoices for items and auctions I don't even remember seeing. It happens.

I suspect that this is how many great collections are built.

todeen
11-30-2020, 08:48 PM
It's tough when there are so many big auctions running at the same time. Is anyone else going through mental gymnastics and complex decision trees when it comes to what, when, and where to place bids for everything closing in the next two weeks? It's hard to keep track of!Yes! I had to make a decision last night with Birmingham ending about which auction to pursue. Luckily I won my item tonight on MLB.com auctions. Good luck with everyone else's decision making!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

mrreality68
11-30-2020, 10:23 PM
I place bids early on all the key cards I am interested in.
I attempt to prioritize what I want
I plan my budget
Then based on how extended bidding goes I bid on what will keep me in my budget.
Then in the end I usually either bid on to many items late on auctions
Or I stop bidding since I over did my budget only to discover I win nothing because I get out bid on all at last minute or after I go to sleep since some go on for ever.
Either way I enjoy the hunt on the cards I want.