PDA

View Full Version : My first and only T206

Mozzie22
11-29-2020, 06:49 PM
As a player collector I rarely venture too far from what I know. That being said, about 10 years ago (after reading countless posts about them) I decided I had to get in on the T206's. I decided to maybe pick up the Cardinals team. Well, I bought one card, sent it in to SGC and never did follow thru with the team. I just found it in a box I hadn't looked thru in years and it made me smile. Who knows, maybe the team set idea is still alive!

Bought for $21 raw so not a bad deal. Love the colors.

philliesfan
11-29-2020, 07:21 PM
Great looking card! Keep the quest alive and go for the Cardinals.
Again, great looking card!

kmac32
11-29-2020, 08:14 PM
I collected a T206 Cubs set with every Cub. Found the endeavor way to easy as a project so no tears whwn I sold it. I have other sets that I love just due to the shear amount of work put into the collecting a set. Like anything in life, the more work you put into a project, the more you value it.

jcmtiger
11-29-2020, 08:31 PM
I acquired the complete set of Detroit. When I moved to Florida 5 years ago I starred selling the set one at a time. Did very well. Now have the 26 poses of the 1887 n172 old Judge plus others. Still looking for Detroit old Judge.
I would say complete your set.
Joe

CobbSpikedMe
11-29-2020, 10:07 PM
My team set was easy, there's only four Jersey City players in the set.

I say go for it too. It's fun to chase down the cards and the complete team set would look great as a group.

Mark
11-30-2020, 06:41 AM
When I started collecting these T206 cards as a kid, I built team sets for the Giants, Tigers, and Cubs, but I came up short with the team set for my favorite team, the Pirates.