PDA

View Full Version : OT(sort of) - T225 Red Man Ad Puzzle

Tao_Moko
11-27-2020, 11:03 AM
In the spirit of appreciating how collectors displayed cards I'm sharing this dandy. I won 2/3 ebay lots from the "Leo Estate" Florida auction. Appears to be part of either three signs as some overlap identical image, or two signs and the white background section is the bottom of the ad piece. Thick cardboard and appears to be period to cards. Would love to have won the third auction, but had already way overpaid for what I did win.

CobbSpikedMe
11-27-2020, 11:11 AM
So the cards were affixed to the ad piece and cut apart at some point? Is that correct? Very cool how they fit together to show the sign like that. Nice pick up in my opinion. Possibly my favorite boxing set besides the T3s. And you got the Attell which is nice.

Tao_Moko
11-27-2020, 11:22 AM
So the cards were affixed to the ad piece and cut apart at some point? Is that correct? Very cool how they fit together to show the sign like that. Nice pick up in my opinion. Possibly my favorite boxing set besides the T3s. And you got the Attell which is nice.

That's right. Cards glued to ad and then separated, but do not appear freshly cut. About 7 cards have only glue on the back so part of the ad was lost for good.. I posted on the boxing forum hoping the winner of the 3rd lot might appear.