PDA

View Full Version : Great App for Personal Inventory Management

DanP
11-27-2020, 09:05 AM
I had been looking for a great, inexpensive app to track my collection and other personal items.

I found an app called "Home Contents" which was perfect for me.

It took a lot of time to get everything cataloged but was well worth it. I entered new items as I purchased them. I entered everything else gradually over a few months.

It's great if you need to provide information to your insurance company. You can provide a complete report, items over a certain value, etc. It's also easy to filter (e.g. autographed baseballs, baseball cards, etc.).

See below for some screen prints to give you an idea about the app.

Take care,

upstateNYmilb
11-27-2020, 09:16 AM
Looks great! I'd also HIGHLY recommend tcdb.com it has everything you could want, even a community for trading. Photos of fronts and backs of most card, create wantlists, and alot more

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Gorditadogg
11-27-2020, 09:32 AM
What would be really nice is a way to copy purchases from ebay without re-entering. Anybody know how to do that?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

mferronibc
11-29-2020, 01:47 AM
What I’d be interested in would be a way to favorite certain cards in a specific grade I own and at the touch of a button get updated recent auction prices to track the value of my collection. Always thought this would be a cool feature on the PSA website. Currently just use an excel spreadsheet and every few months spend a few hours searching the sold auctions on Ebay one by one.

Usc1
11-29-2020, 09:00 AM
I had been looking for a great, inexpensive app to track my collection and other personal items.

I found an app called "Home Contents" which was perfect for me.

It took a lot of time to get everything cataloged but was well worth it. I entered new items as I purchased them. I entered everything else gradually over a few months.

It's great if you need to provide information to your insurance company. You can provide a complete report, items over a certain value, etc. It's also easy to filter (e.g. autographed baseballs, baseball cards, etc.).

See below for some screen prints to give you an idea about the app.

Take care,

Thanks for the info. Is this better than the card genie app?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cmount76
11-29-2020, 09:14 AM
What I’d be interested in would be a way to favorite certain cards in a specific grade I own and at the touch of a button get updated recent auction prices to track the value of my collection. Always thought this would be a cool feature on the PSA website. Currently just use an excel spreadsheet and every few months spend a few hours searching the sold auctions on Ebay one by one.

Not sure if you are aware, but Net54 member Bobby, owns a site, https://vintagecardprices.com, that basically does what you are describing. It doesn't sythesize and analyze information about your personal collection at the click of a button, but will give you all of the previous sales of a card in a certain grade. For me, it is a must have and go-to before any sizable purchase and helps me keep track of the current market value of my collection.

mferronibc
11-29-2020, 09:33 AM
Not sure if you are aware, but Net54 member Bobby, owns a site, https://vintagecardprices.com, that basically does what you are describing. It doesn't sythesize and analyze information about your personal collection at the click of a button, but will give you all of the previous sales of a card in a certain grade. For me, it is a must have and go-to before any sizable purchase and helps me keep track of the current market value of my collection.

Awesome- thanks for the tip I will definitely check it out!

Baseballcrazy62
11-29-2020, 06:12 PM
I agree with the comments on the VCP software. I catalog all the graded cards that I own and you can set your own categories to sort them by. It Also gives the option of average price/last price/highest price in relation to values.

mferronibc
11-29-2020, 06:19 PM
Looks awesome - not cheap though. I might hint hint a one year subscription to my wife for Xmas. Beats a sweater and some socks I think!

BRoberts
11-29-2020, 06:22 PM
Download an app, enter detailed information about your collectibles, including their value. Does anyone else wonder who at the other end of this app might be collecting the information? Assuming that you have location services turned on on your device, any uneasiness about possibly providing an inventory and location of your prized possessions?