PDA

View Full Version : Assistance with a 1909 guide photo

Tyruscobb
11-26-2020, 05:17 PM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. My brother hosted this year’s dinner. After the feast, and over bourbons, we discussed various current issues, including the recent card boom. He knew nothing about it and had stopped collecting in the late 1990s or early 2000s, when he lost interest.

He allowed me to to dig through his boxed up collection. I came across several little gems, including this item. My brother vaguely remembered acquiring it in the late 90s at an estate sell. He thought he paid $50.00.

I’m not familiar with the issue, the grading company, or the value. It was cut from a 1909 Spalding’s Baseball Guide. I can’t find much information on this guide. What exactly was it?

Does anyone know anything about the authenticator? I can’t find much on it? Finally, does anyone know an approximate value for the item? I couldn’t find many 1909 Spalding’s photos on EBay. One guy has several and wants $700.00+ for each one. His prices seem a little high.

I appreciate any information anyone can provide on this item. Before a few hours ago, I never heard of the Spalding’s guide or this authenticator. I’m strictly a card guy. Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Bicem
11-26-2020, 05:29 PM
Like you said, simply a cut out page from a Spalding Guide.

Never heard of the grading company.

Very minimal value, would guess less than the $50 paid.