PDA

View Full Version : New member here!

Wimberleycardcollector
11-24-2020, 04:47 PM
Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm just back into card collecting this year after a 25 year hiatus. Last set I put together was the 1991 40th Topps set. Pulled out my card collection and the memories came flooding back. Wow and how has the card collecting world changed! Parallels, refractors, etc. I'm mostly a vintage collector 60's and earlier but do have all of my 1970's childhood sets as well as my childhood vintage collection I amassed. I'm also loving the 2020 Allen and Ginter Topps cards and the 2020 T206 Topps cards. Was reading a thread on here about binders or no binders the other day and wanted to share my work I'm doing lately for my collection. I love cards in sheets like it was when I first collected. Luckily all of my cards have been stored in binders and sheets the last 30 plus years and show no damage. I'm now transferring them to the better ultra pro sheets. I saw where a guy makes custom binders inspired by wrapper art. I decided to make my own being a professional artist. I have created mine directly from the wrappers, boxes and so forth. I liked his but wanted to have them be closer in style. I'm printing them and placing them in D ring binders that have a clear front and spine. I'll post a pic of one once done but here are a few of the sets I've done so far. Enjoy and thanks for letting me join in here. Loving collecting again. David

Casey2296
11-24-2020, 04:50 PM
Welcome!

JollyElm
11-24-2020, 04:55 PM
Cool stuff!! Welcome aboard.

ASF123
11-24-2020, 05:01 PM
Great binders! Nice to meet a fellow “re-newbie” - I’m just getting back in after 25+ years out as well.

grainsley
11-24-2020, 05:03 PM
What a great idea, I wish I had your talent!

Grant