PDA

View Full Version : For those who bleed Dodger Blue - Mookie saves the day (twice)

rlevy
11-22-2020, 01:48 PM
I know this isn't "vintage", but it certainly is game used. After waiting 32 years, I don't think it is too early to reflect upon some of the great Dodger moments of the 2020 postseason. Without Mookie's great catches in games 5 and 7 of the NLCS, the Dodgers may not have gotten to the World Series. Below are the 2 baseballs from those plays: Game 5, when Mookie makes a shoestring catch and the runner leaves third too early, taking away a run and ending the inning with a double play, and Game 7, when Mookie steals a homerun from Freeman to prevent the Braves from increasing their lead. The hit mark from Freeman's bat is visible on the ball.

GaryPassamonte
11-22-2020, 02:09 PM
Rick- That is fantastic! I've been an avid Dodger fan since 1965 and am still high from the World Series. I'm not a big Dodger collector, but I know you are. Congratulations.

71buc
11-22-2020, 02:39 PM
Very cool! I’m a bit of a closet Dodger fan myself. Ron Cey is from my area so I grew up rooting for those Dodgers as long as they weren’t playing the Bucs. I flew in for Game 6 against Houston in 2017. I watched the game with 54K strangers wearing my Pantone 294 hat. I paid 1K for a single bleacher seat and would do it again in a heart beat. Congrats those are awesome balls. How solid you obtain them?

rlevy
11-22-2020, 02:55 PM
I'm hoping we won't have another 32 years until the next title:). Mike, I was at that game in 2017 as well, tons of fun. Unfortunately, Game 7 didn't go as well.

rlevy
11-22-2020, 05:05 PM
Very cool! I’m a bit of a closet Dodger fan myself. Ron Cey is from my area so I grew up rooting for those Dodgers as long as they weren’t playing the Bucs. I flew in for Game 6 against Houston in 2017. I watched the game with 54K strangers wearing my Pantone 294 hat. I paid 1K for a single bleacher seat and would do it again in a heart beat. Congrats those are awesome balls. How solid you obtain them?

MIke, If I understand your question correctly, I got these from MLB directly, they come with their authentication. Usually, most of the baseballs they sell are for the less note-worthy plays. I was a little surprised they made some highlight baseballs available this year, usually the teams playing grab them first.

Duluth Eskimo
11-22-2020, 08:57 PM
Rick,
Those are really great items. Things that every baseball fan can relate to. Nice pick ups.

doug.goodman
11-22-2020, 09:44 PM
Nice!

rlevy
11-23-2020, 08:10 AM
Thanks guys. While certainly not a Yankees fan, when I lived on the east coast I would watch the Yankees just to see Jeter play. Mookie reminds me of Jeter, plays the game right and you may see something spectacular. I feel for Red Sox fans losing him, but am happy he will be here in LA for a long time.