PDA

View Full Version : Dumb PSA Grading Question

ngrow9
11-21-2020, 03:24 PM
I'm sure this has been asked and answered dozens of times, but my searches of the site have failed to yield an answer.

Why does PSA sometimes encapsulate a card with a grade of Authentic, but in other cases paste the slip to a Card Saver holder?

For instance, I have a T205 WaJo that I acquired a few years back that came with an "Evid Trim" notation on a card saver, while other PSA T205s are encapsulated with Authentic notations.

Thanks in advance!

swarmee
11-21-2020, 04:44 PM
PSA's default is to assume that you don't want a card slabbed as AUTHENTIC, unless you specifically tell them that on your submission. To get a card holdered in an AUTHENTIC ALTERED slab, you need to submit it with the following instructions on the submission form "SLAB AS AUTHENTIC ALTERED IF CARD DOES NOT DESERVE NUMBER GRADE"

swarmee
11-21-2020, 04:45 PM
And in case you weren't aware, a cardsaver with the label stating ?AUTCTY is their code for "We're pretty sure this is a counterfeit."

ngrow9
11-21-2020, 04:54 PM
Ah, thank you. That explanation makes sense, although the default policy seems even more asinine than my question (if I preferred not to have the card holstered with an authentic label I would obviously just crack it out).

Appreciate it!