PDA

View Full Version : Goldin Auctions - OUTSTANDING Customer Service

Shoeless Moe
11-18-2020, 11:37 AM
Just got this email.......and sorry, but I love GREAT Customer Service. I consign to several Auction Houses and they are not kidding, one of the FASTEST to payout their consignors. REA not too shabby either. My opinion the 2 BEST!

I am pleased to announce that after the successful close of our October Legends 2020 Auction, the 1st round of consignor checks will be sent out on Monday November 23rd, 2020! If you have any questions about your check please email company Controller Frank DiNote at frank.dinote@goldinauctions.com.

We are thrilled to be able to get the first round of consignor payments out within 18 days of auction close. We understand that prompt payment is an important aspect of consigning your items and we are proud to be one of the fastest in the industry.

We are still accepting consignment for our Late December 2020 Auction and our Goldin Elite 2021 Auction. Please contact us as soon as possible with your consignments. You can email your consignment director directly by clicking on their email below.

TG19
11-18-2020, 05:41 PM
They do!! I also have to give it up to Frank! He does a great job!!

philo98
11-18-2020, 07:50 PM
Ive been in communication with Frank these past few days on a shipment from the last auction that Fedex said they had delivered despite me having a vacation hold on. Frank was extremely helpful and even last night he was sending me emails quite late. It turns out that Fedex marked the card delivered signed by some name I didnt know, but sent the package back to their distribution center until the vacation hold is off. His communication and follow through have been excellent.

rats60
11-18-2020, 10:42 PM
When I consigned with REA, I got paid the day after the auction closed.

Snapolit1
11-19-2020, 07:02 AM
I've consigned to probably 5 different places in the last few years and they have all been relatively the same on payment, give or take a few days.

If getting money quickly is a top priority, I know some places advertise that they give cash advances. Has anyone used this? Wondering what kind of vig they charge for that. Maybe varies on a case by case basis.

scooter729
11-19-2020, 07:11 AM
I have heard nice things about Goldin's customer service, so good to hear another positive.

I just wish they didn't send so many frickin' emails every day when they have an auction running! Seriously - it's like 10 a day!

BRoberts
11-19-2020, 08:03 AM
I've consigned to probably 5 different places in the last few years and they have all been relatively the same on payment, give or take a few days.

My experiences over the years have been the exact opposite of this.

Exhibitman
11-19-2020, 10:44 AM

If getting money quickly is a top priority, I know some places advertise that they give cash advances. Has anyone used this? Wondering what kind of vig they charge for that. Maybe varies on a case by case basis.

I've seen the cash advance agreement for one major AH and the interest rate is pretty high. Not an attractive rate if you have decent credit.

Snapolit1
11-19-2020, 11:05 AM
My experiences over the years have been the exact opposite of this.

REA, which I have yet to consign to, is reportedly amazingly quick

I'd say the places I've consigned to have all been about 20 days, give or take a few days. Which never struck me as unreasonable.

oldjudge
11-19-2020, 01:53 PM
When I consigned with REA, I got paid the day after the auction closed.

You must not be one of their best customers. I got paid the day before it closed.

Shoeless Moe
11-19-2020, 03:24 PM
REA, which I have yet to consign to, is reportedly amazingly quick

I'd say the places I've consigned to have all been about 20 days, give or take a few days. Which never struck me as unreasonable.

20 days??? Who? Other the REA & Goldin, I find that hard to believe, unless of course someone I have not consigned to.

I consigned to Huggins that ended on 10/22 and have yet to hear a word, though the winner of one of my items has had it up on Ebay for almost 3 weeks now. I'll hold out judgement on Huggins as in the past they have been at about 30 days. I'll amend this post once that check comes, but no word on it.

I don't mind all the Goldin emails, at least they keep you informed. Easy to hit delete.

Huggins, LOTG, and SCP have been at about 30.

RMY from what I recall was 30-45.

Heritage is over 45 days, but they tell you that up front though, so that is the auction house for the patient.

sb1
11-19-2020, 04:43 PM
While I might be small potatoes....

I paid everyone for the recent auction on the 16th day after the auction OR before, for several. Same as all the rest of my auctions, checks are mailed on the 2nd Monday following the auction or before. There really are other options out there.

Scott

Brockelman Auctions

Shoeless Moe
11-19-2020, 04:51 PM
While I might be small potatoes....

I paid everyone for the recent auction on the 16th day after the auction OR before, for several. Same as all the rest of my auctions, checks are mailed on the 2nd Monday following the auction or before. There really are other options out there.

Scott

Brockelman Auctions

Good to know, and Nice Job. You are right there are several auction houses to choose from, that's why Customer Service, I feel, can make one stand out over others. Quick to respond to ALL emails, not just if you have a great item in the early stages of the consigning process, but at all times, whether consigning or if just inquiring on an item in their auction. Having multiple images of an item, rather then having to email them because there is only one (ahhhh choooooo Hunt).

Lots of ways to provide great Customer Service.

Aquarian Sports Cards
11-19-2020, 04:59 PM
20 days??? Who? Other the REA & Goldin, I find that hard to believe, unless of course someone I have not consigned to.

I consigned to Huggins that ended on 10/22 and have yet to hear a word, though the winner of one of my items has had it up on Ebay for almost 3 weeks now. I'll hold out judgement on Huggins as in the past they have been at about 30 days. I'll amend this post once that check comes, but no word on it.

I don't mind all the Goldin emails, at least they keep you informed. Easy to hit delete.

Huggins, LOTG, and SCP have been at about 30.

RMY from what I recall was 30-45.

Heritage is over 45 days, but they tell you that up front though, so that is the auction house for the patient.

We pay within 14 Business days. Also we don't do cash advances often as we don't have the war chest of some companies, but they are interest and fee free when we do them.

Shoeless Moe
12-17-2020, 08:00 AM
Got my REA consignment check in less the 2 weeks after the auction ended. DAMN!

Huggins & Scott took a month and a half.

Again, if you are patient Heritage & Huggins are fine.

But Goldin & REA are so efficient, and their customer service is OUTSTANDING, it's impressive!

ullmandds
12-17-2020, 08:02 AM
Got my REA consignment check in less the 2 weeks after the auction ended. DAMN!

Huggins & Scott took a month and a half.

Again, if you are patient Heritage & Huggins are fine.

But Goldin & REA are so efficient, and their customer service is OUTSTANDING, it's impressive!

I've found experiences with many AH's are quite variable. REA/Sterling are consistently good with payments...Goldens I had to hound and hound...and was not impressed with their customer service.

Goldin Auctions
12-17-2020, 08:26 AM
Hello Peter
because we strive for perfection in customer service, we were concerned by your post as we want everyone's customer experience to be terrific.

We found that you consigned on 1 occasion Summer auction 2019. You consigned 1 item. unfortunately the winner of that item instead of paying within the 10 days took 30 days to pay. we were able to get him to use a credit card to pay as opposed to delaying us on 9/10/19. I see a check 14294 was sent to you dated the exact day we get payment 9/10/19 as recorded in our system.
typically we pay very fast as people have noted as we do not wait for a complete auction closing to gather all funds, instead we pay consignors as the money is received for their items. This usually results in multiple checks to the same consignors if they consigned several items. in the future if you have a question or issue i suggest you email frank.dinote@goldinauctions.com
i assure you that you will get an immediate reply and service.

I've found experiences with many AH's are quite variable. REA/Sterling are consistently good with payments...Goldens I had to hound and hound...and was not impressed with their customer service.

ullmandds
12-17-2020, 09:08 AM
thx for explanation