PDA

View Full Version : OT: GenealogyBank.com

samosa4u
11-14-2020, 02:24 PM
Hi,

Is there anyone here who uses www.genealogybank.com? I will need only five minutes of your time.

Thank you and stay safe!

todeen
11-14-2020, 02:39 PM
Do you do genealogy work?

To answer your question, I don't have access to genealogybank.

However, I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Each church building around the world has a free genealogy library with subscriptions to most of the big websites. You do not need to be a member of the church to use these resources. If you reach out to your local LDS Church building, I'm sure you will find more than you need, or someone who can help you obtain what you're looking for. The church also runs annual genealogy conferences and everyone is invited.

I use the free church website, which has a surprisingly huge database of information, and is often linked to the other paid services. It is : https://www.familysearch.org/tree/overview

You also don't need to be a member of the church to use their website.

Good luck.

Steve D
11-14-2020, 03:50 PM
I have access to genealogybank.com.

What do you need?

Steve

Steve D
11-14-2020, 03:53 PM
Do you do genealogy work?

To answer your question, I don't have access to genealogybank.

However, I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Each church building around the world has a free genealogy library with subscriptions to most of the big websites. You do not need to be a member of the church to use these resources. If you reach out to your local LDS Church building, I'm sure you will find more than you need, or someone who can help you obtain what you're looking for. The church also runs annual genealogy conferences and everyone is invited.

I use the free church website, which has a surprisingly huge database of information, and is often linked to the other paid services. It is : https://www.familysearch.org/tree/overview

You also don't need to be a member of the church to use their website.

Good luck.

Tim,

Actually, genealogybank.com is similar to newspapers.com, in that they provide access to old newspaper listings and articles.

Steve

samosa4u
11-14-2020, 04:07 PM
Thank you to Tim and Steve for your quick responses.

Steve, I am sending you a PM now.

todeen
11-15-2020, 07:09 AM
Tim,

Actually, genealogybank.com is similar to newspapers.com, in that they provide access to old newspaper listings and articles.

Steve

Learn something new every day. Glad you could help him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk