PDA

View Full Version : Binders and Clamshells

BJR6583
11-08-2020, 12:00 PM
This has probably been brought up before ... but wanted to get opinions on the following:

I have a modest collection of ungraded T206's (100 or so, including 18 HOFers) that I keep in a binder with plastic sheets. I love to flip through it and enjoy the art, history and stories behind these 'relics' ... :)

Recently, I've purchased about 20 that are SGC graded and in the clamshell cases. I put those in a shoebox ... but wish there was a way to better keep them so I can enjoy them like the ones in the binder. Somedays I contemplate just cracking them out of their cases and putting them in my binder, but can't bring myself to do that! :confused:

Any ideas? Am I just nuts?

TCMA
11-08-2020, 12:04 PM
Here you go. A few different sizes on their site too:

https://www.nativearchival.com/shop-all/graded-card-storage-box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael Peich
11-08-2020, 12:07 PM
I crack my graded t206s out of the holders and put them in my three ring binder, keeping the grade slip for reference. If i have higher grade PSA cards (4 and above) I keep them intact and one day will trade down for replacement cards. I've also kept my four Cobbs in their holders for obvious reasons.

Crack them out and enjoy the cards!

Stay safe,
Mike

icollectDCsports
11-08-2020, 12:10 PM
Not nuts at all. I would think the question is whether you care about getting less money for them if and when you (or heirs) sell. I understand the various reasons people slab cards, but think the look MUCH better unslabbed.

perezfan
11-08-2020, 12:29 PM
Not nuts at all. I would think the question is whether you care about getting less money for them if and when you (or heirs) sell. I understand the various reasons people slab cards, but think the look MUCH better unslabbed.

Completely agree! :D

conor912
11-08-2020, 12:48 PM
If you like them better raw, crack them out. I see a lot of people make this “dilemma” way more existential than it needs to be.

TCMA
11-08-2020, 01:27 PM
https://live.staticflickr.com/31337/50580610221_bc08886d20_z.jpg

Cmount76
11-08-2020, 01:51 PM
+1. This is EXACTLY what I have done.

I crack my graded t206s out of the holders and put them in my three ring binder, keeping the grade slip for reference. If i have higher grade PSA cards (4 and above) I keep them intact and one day will trade down for replacement cards. I've also kept my four Cobbs in their holders for obvious reasons.

Crack them out and enjoy the cards!