PDA

View Full Version : Finding EBay sellers on Net54?

Belfast1933
11-02-2020, 02:54 PM
I just noticed a member asking to try and locate a member on Net54baseball from an item he saw on EBay. At least, I think that’s what he was looking for

Great question - I have wondered about this also... is there an appropriate etiquette more experienced members might share when they see an item for sale on eBay that they might be able to “transact” more efficiently using this net54 forum?

Not sure my question is clear... it’s been a loonngg Monday!

Thx for any advice

Jeff

oldeboo
11-02-2020, 03:01 PM
I'd recommend clicking on the search bar above, then clicking advanced search. You have a few ways to search on there. You can look for their name in posts or even if their username happens to be the same. I've done it some and have had great results. It seems a lot of people from Ebay are on here. Same circle mostly. :)

Casey2296
11-02-2020, 03:04 PM
I'd recommend clicking on the search bar above, then clicking advanced search. You have a few ways to search on there. You can look for their name in posts or even if their username happens to be the same. I've done it some and have had great results. It seems a lot of people from Ebay are on here. Same circle mostly. :)
There's also the vintage links section in the tool bar that lists members ebay usernames and websites, maybe a push to update it would be helpful for Sellers not wanting to use e-bay.

Leon
11-02-2020, 03:35 PM
Updating the links section has been on the to do list for I don't know how long. I would much rather do transactions here...as I did earlier today. Love the big top border T206 HOF'ers...

notfast
11-02-2020, 03:42 PM
Normally don’t have any issues finding someone and making a deal off ebay as everyone wants to avoid the ebay fees.

Except a card I found today and the guy said his “consignee” wants to do it on there. Oh well.

Tyruscobb
11-02-2020, 05:12 PM
A few sellers will mention that they are net54 members in the item’s description. That’s always a nice prompt.

hcv123
11-02-2020, 05:29 PM
A few sellers will mention that they are net54 members in the item’s description. That’s always a nice prompt.

Interestingly enough - although I out it in all my listings, I have yet to be contacted through N54.

There is also the "I'm a member of Net54 if that means anything to you".

oldeboo
11-02-2020, 05:44 PM
774 items pop up under the Sports category when searching descriptions for net54. Bunch of slicksters :)

bnorth
11-02-2020, 06:00 PM
774 items pop up under the Sports category when searching descriptions for net54. Bunch of slicksters :)

Cool, I had never searched descriptions before. Took me a while to find it. Yep, turned up a bunch of great guys.:)

oldeboo
11-02-2020, 06:09 PM
For anyone that has a hard time figuring it out, just go to your search bar on Ebay and type in "net54" After that, there is a box under the search button "include description", check that and hit search. You can look through categories on the left, probably baseball cards or just sports. If anyone is feeling eager to do some wheeling and dealing on net54, of course!

Oscar_Stanage
11-02-2020, 06:30 PM
There is also the "I'm a member of Net54 if that means anything to you".

lol, i tried this one the other day - it got me nowhere, I don't think he knew what I was getting at

Buythatcard
11-02-2020, 07:25 PM
I have no problem doing deals outside of eBay. Have done it with a few Net54 members already.

nooner10
11-02-2020, 09:41 PM
When I find something on eBay that's BIN I usually google the seller's user name to see if contact info or another website pops up for me to contact them. I also save business cards that sellers send with their items (and I make a note of what I purchased in case I need to reach out again in the future.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Jobu
11-02-2020, 10:17 PM
If there is someone specific, you can always post a thread asking for someone's contact info.

You can also send a message to the seller through Ebay, ask a question about the item, and then just add something like "Net54 nooner10". Don't ask to be contacted off Ebay as that might make Ebay charge the seller the fees for ending the listing following your question, but if you simply put your username there the seller should know why you did if they are on Net54.

Yankees1964
11-03-2020, 07:28 AM
I don't sell much but another seller here who I buy some T206's from had it at the bottom of his description on EBay. I started doing it also and it has worked for me. It is nice because if someone contacts me on here, I believe that they are a more serious collector than one that might just send me an eBay note. Just my opinion.

Luke
11-03-2020, 02:02 PM
I like to try and find the seller here if I can. Sometimes a ebay member contacts me with an offer, and I'd accept on ebay if I have to pay 12% fees, but I'd say yes to a PP friends offer. It's tough these days to communicate that while also not getting a warning from ebay. It seems I am often too vague when trying to communicate that I'm a net54 member via ebay message.

Leon
11-08-2020, 01:39 PM
I like to try and find the seller here if I can. Sometimes a ebay member contacts me with an offer, and I'd accept on ebay if I have to pay 12% fees, but I'd say yes to a PP friends offer. It's tough these days to communicate that while also not getting a warning from ebay. It seems I am often too vague when trying to communicate that I'm a net54 member via ebay message.

As much as we think of our little sanctuary as being fairly well known most folks have no clue about it. That said, it is always nice to find an ebay seller here to do a deal with. I often ask and have done a few.

theuclakid
11-08-2020, 02:27 PM
hello, I have been selling on ebay (vintagescards) since 1998 but have been only selling here on the net 54 (theuclakid) about a year...it was a great decision to do so, as I have dealt with and met many great people....I have shared with many people via ebay about the net 54, and I believe many have joined here....thank you.....Bruce Perry

notfast
11-08-2020, 02:30 PM

I’ve had luck using an image in my messages on ebay. Gives my email address, IG page, real name on Facebook.

Images would be tough to flag where words/text is easy for them to notice.