PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Baseball Postcard Catalogues?

Buythatcard
10-21-2020, 07:04 AM
I was recently given over 100 vintage baseball postcards to sell. Many of them are from the early 1900's.

I don't know anything about these postcards and have been googling each one to get more info. I am able to get info on a handful but for the most part nothing comes up.

Does anyone know of any decent catalogues or websites out there that might have some decent info?

Majestic
10-21-2020, 07:29 AM
Try Old Carboard (link at top of Net54 homepage). They have catalogued many postcards on their site.

Buythatcard
10-21-2020, 07:39 AM
Try Old Carboard (link at top of Net54 homepage). They have catalogued many postcards on their site.

Thanks. I didn't realize that they did. Will check it out.

Leon
10-21-2020, 08:02 AM
If they are generic, such as most of what I collect, they rarely have a catalog or ACC number. Burdick was big on postcards so there are a lot of ACC numbers we rarely use for the sets we talk about. Also, one of our members dad's, Dr Lowe, was the king of postcards in the day. He wrote the book on them as Burdick did our other cards...
Dr, James Lowe invented the term deltiology (study of postcards) and has books and a ton of information out there. Good luck...

And a PC750, generic postcard...

https://luckeycards.com/ppc760rosegenericbaseball.jpg