PDA

View Full Version : Believed stolen 1961 autographed cards

hcv123
10-20-2020, 12:58 PM
We are still covering all our bases, but it so far appears that somewhere in the Fedex chain 18 x 1961 Topps autographed cards #'rd 388-405 including a Roberto Clemente, Rogers Hornsby and Don Larsen were stolen. Please keep your eyes and ears open for them and contact me immediately at 516-991-5535 or hcv123@att.net if you have any information you think could be helpful. They were sent from Pennsylvania to New York, so likely would surface geographically there or on Ebay, Craigs list, offer up, etc.

On a related note - has anyone ever encountered a situation where their package was opened, resealed with 1 or more things taken out?

Seven
10-20-2020, 01:03 PM
We are still covering all our bases, but it so far appears that somewhere in the Fedex chain 18 x 1961 Topps autographed cards #'rd 388-405 including a Roberto Clemente, Rogers Hornsby and Don Larsen were stolen. Please keep your eyes and ears open for them and contact me immediately at 516-991-5535 or hcv123@att.net if you have any information you think could be helpful. They were sent from Pennsylvania to New York, so likely would surface geographically there or on Ebay, Craigs list, offer up, etc.

On a related note - has anyone ever encountered a situation where their package was opened, resealed with 1 or more things taken out?

Were they slabbed at all? And if so do you have access to the serial numbers? Might help when it comes to identifying them

hcv123
10-20-2020, 01:10 PM
They were 18 cards sequentially numbered 388-405. I believe the owner has pictures when we get that close. I believe the Hornsby is a pretty rare card as well.

hcv123
10-20-2020, 04:14 PM
Only 2 slabbed Clementes & 1 Hornsby

Rare cards

I'm not approved to post at blowout - would someone please cross post for me? Thanks.

Howard

Tyruscobb
10-20-2020, 06:40 PM
Considering that Hornsby died in 1963, I suspect your signed 1961 Topps card is probably the only one in existence. This will make it difficult to sell if the word gets out. Maybe the thief will not do his/her homework and not know how rare it is and post it on eBay or Craig’s List. Good luck, man.

doug.goodman
10-20-2020, 10:23 PM

I once went to the post office to get passport paperwork done for the children of my boss. We left the post office with an envelope sealed and certified with all of the needed passport paperwork.

I then put that into a fedex envelope and sent it next morning delivery to my passport expediting people in Los Angeles (they can get me a passport in 24 hours, expedited service thru the post office is at least a couple weeks).

When the fedex envelope arrived at it's destination, the post office sealed envelope inside had been opened.

Everything needed to be re-done.

Fun times.

Doug

hcv123
10-21-2020, 07:56 AM
Considering that Hornsby died in 1963, I suspect your signed 1961 Topps card is probably the only one in existence. This will make it difficult to sell if the word gets out. Maybe the thief will not do his/her homework and not know how rare it is and post it on eBay or Craig’s List. Good luck, man.

Thank you. PSA shows 2 slabbed Clementes and 1 slabbed Hornsby, so the cards are not unique, but for sure rare. We have photos to match up the cards when found.

Still looking for someone to cross post to blowout - anyone?

whiteymet
10-22-2020, 11:09 PM
thank you. Psa shows 2 slabbed clementes and 1 slabbed hornsby, so the cards are not unique, but for sure rare. We have photos to match up the cards when found.

Still looking for someone to cross post to blowout - anyone?

done!