PDA

View Full Version : New Member, New Collector

peanuts
10-15-2020, 04:46 PM
Hello everyone! Excited to be here.

I'm a fresh collector, excited to get a good start going! I got into collecting stamps about two to three years ago, and have been enjoying that hobby greatly. As I've gotten deeper and deeper into baseball history, I started becoming interested in cards as well. I recently decided to make the leap and get into the hobby!

Primarily interested in pre-war cards right now. I just got my first T205 (AA Mattern) and I'm shopping around for my first T206 pickup as well! I've been loving The Monster podcast and I've watched plenty of videos about the early tobacco sets as well. Something about the portraiture and the simple, but bold action, just really hits right. Those T202 triple folders are eye catching also... but that's when the wallet damage would start coming in!

Torn between Ed Killian (pitching), Jimmy Lavender, Mullin (batting), or Beals Becker!

In day to day life, I spend a lot of time walking in the woods, doing photography, reading. Currently in a M.Ed program, hoping to take on a PhD in a few years.

JollyElm
10-15-2020, 05:24 PM
Welcome aboard!!

chlankf
10-15-2020, 06:48 PM
Welcome. Your in for a lifetime of enjoyment/frustration.

oldeboo
10-15-2020, 07:52 PM
Welcome, stick around here and you'll learn a ton, I know I have. It's exciting picking up those first few cards and the excitement continues. I'd recommend checking in on the B/S/T forum here. There are always interesting cards being offered at typically fair prices from good people. I've learned with old cards it's best to be patient for what you're looking for and you'll be rewarded. Even for common cards, the right one isn't always currently on the market. If you like the T202s certainly look around, have some patience, save up a little money if you need to, and you'll find what you want. You can usually find a pretty nice common for $100 or less.

doug.goodman
10-15-2020, 08:12 PM
Welcome to fantasy island.

hcv123
10-15-2020, 08:38 PM
Enjoy the ride