PDA

View Full Version : New Member - Kevin

Kevin
10-15-2020, 09:40 AM
Hi all - I wish I found this site 10 years ago. My name is Kevin and I have been collection off and on (mostly off) since the early 80s. Dad would take me to shows and he'd collect Brooklyn Dodgers, 1962 Mets and random Browns cards. All under the guise that I was collecting them. Dad really didn't have an eye, but I got the bug. I'd see T206s at these shows and I always thought they were untouchable. Dad paid no interest. I finally bought "Irv Young" for $8. I love that card.

I have a few long winded stories about collecting in the 80s. I hope to flesh them out here when I get a chance. Over the pandemic, people started posting their cards and their ticket stubs. I joined in and posted some of my Islander Cup run stubs. (Of the stubs I kept, there was a stretch of 5 games where Bossy scored 15 goals!) The baseball cards got a lot of love.

I posted a few. One got a like from T206 podcast. I didn't even think to search for a podcast dedicated to T206s. So I gave them a listen and burned through the episodes quickly. It never dawned on me that I'd complete the set. And now, here I am.

(I wish I had the cash I spent partying back in my 30s! 20% of that dedicated to cardboard?!?)

Talk soon...
Kevin

bnorth
10-15-2020, 09:47 AM
Hi all - I wish I found this site 10 years ago. My name is Kevin and I have been collection off and on (mostly off) since the early 80s. Dad would take me to shows and he'd collect Brooklyn Dodgers, 1962 Mets and random Browns cards. All under the guise that I was collecting them. Dad really didn't have an eye, but I got the bug. I'd see T206s at these shows and I always thought they were untouchable. Dad paid no interest. I finally bought "Irv Young" for $8. I love that card.

I have a few long winded stories about collecting in the 80s. I hope to flesh them out here when I get a chance. Over the pandemic, people started posting their cards and their ticket stubs. I joined in and posted some of my Islander Cup run stubs. (Of the stubs I kept, there was a stretch of 5 games where Bossy scored 15 goals!) The baseball cards got a lot of love.

I posted a few. One got a like from T206 podcast. I didn't even think to search for a podcast dedicated to T206s. So I gave them a listen and burned through the episodes quickly. It never dawned on me that I'd complete the set. And now, here I am.

(I wish I had the cash I spent partying back in my 30s! 20% of that dedicated to cardboard?!?)

Talk soon...
Kevin

Welcome to the site. There is an amazing amount of T206 info on this site.

I think many of us would have much better collections if we spent the cash on cards instead of partying. I know I could easily have a couple T206 Wagners. I am very happy to not have the Wagners.:D

drcy
10-15-2020, 11:05 AM
Welcome!