PDA

View Full Version : Ebay no pay shenanigans

Snapolit1
09-01-2020, 02:05 PM
I don't know how you guys who sell a lot of stuff on eBay maintain any sanity at all. Putting aside eBay itself and its crazy rules and fees, the game playing among buyers is off the charts.

Recently I dipped my toe in modern case breaks. Amassed quickly 10 or 15 modern autographed shiny cards and kept a few, hoping to sell the rest. Out of 10 "sales" I now have 2 no pays. Wtf. Here's my theory, and maybe it's nonsense: I think many people have multiple accounts (we know that's true) and they deliberately sabotage other people's auctions because they are probably selling the exact same card and want you tied up for a while in a no pay dispute where their item is still live. Essentially take yours out of play. One of the guys who didn't pay me had like 1300 feed backs. Obviously the slap on the wrist ebay hits these guys with for a no pay is meaningless.

I'm sure an eBay no pay is no where near the hassle an AH would run into with this nonsense.

If I was a grown man who had to resort to these kind of stupid games to get by I'd be embarrassed to look in the mirror.

realbigfatdog
09-01-2020, 02:11 PM
I got a message on Ebay on sunday from another seller alerting me that there were two bidders running up bids on one of my Sam Darnold cards. Both of these bidders had zero feedbacks. The guy who messaged me said they were doing the exact same thing on his listings and across Ebay. Not sure why, other than to possibly manipulate the data of final sales prices to artificially inflate the cards value? I thanked the guy and cancelled the bids from both bidders.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

JeremyW
09-01-2020, 02:33 PM
"If I was a grown man who had to resort to these kind of stupid games to get by I'd be embarrassed to look in the mirror."

My thoughts exactly. The bid retractions are unbelievable BS. I've never retracted a bid. Yet, it seems to be a common occurrence for most of the high dollar auctions.

Jim65
09-01-2020, 04:53 PM
I don't know how you guys who sell a lot of stuff on eBay maintain any sanity at all. Putting aside eBay itself and its crazy rules and fees, the game playing among buyers is off the charts.

Recently I dipped my toe in modern case breaks. Amassed quickly 10 or 15 modern autographed shiny cards and kept a few, hoping to sell the rest. Out of 10 "sales" I now have 2 no pays. Wtf. Here's my theory, and maybe it's nonsense: I think many people have multiple accounts (we know that's true) and they deliberately sabotage other people's auctions because they are probably selling the exact same card and want you tied up for a while in a no pay dispute where their item is still live. Essentially take yours out of play. One of the guys who didn't pay me had like 1300 feed backs. Obviously the slap on the wrist ebay hits these guys with for a no pay is meaningless.

Definitely a possibility. Ebay is supposed to suspend non-payers after a few strikes. Make you file a non-paying buyer claim so they do receive the strike.

jfkheat
09-01-2020, 05:18 PM
Just last night I had a guy hit the BIN/OBO on a $750 card. 20 minutes later I received this message.He has received 3 positive feedbacks for purchases since this happened. I had the card listed with a BIN and had it set to accept any offer over $750. My guess is that he made the $750 offer not expecting it to be automatically accepted and didn't have the money to pay.

"Listen I don't know who you deal with,
but I don't pay $71 tax on anything lose the tax now, or I would've been $700 in the first place dude !!!!
call me if you need to at 818 xxx-xxxx

If you're playing the guilty tax game I will only PAY $700 and pay $700 plus the shipping which is what $710 total !!!!!!!!"

Shortly after that one I got this one.

"hope you read your emails, unless you want to delay the sale.

I'll be honest with you again,
you're not gonna charge me an exorbitant amount of tax ,because I'm going to have to renege, or I would've bid $50 less in the first place, so just to get the tax, because,
$700 is the total amount I agree to pay.

The bottom line is,
$710 total right now out of my debit card which is fine, And the only way we can do business with the site."

I was asleep so I didn't see these until around 5 this morning. Here is my response.

I don't have anything to do with the taxes charged. New tax laws went into effect in the last year or so stating that eBay has to charge taxes on sales. I do not get that money. Ebay pays it to whatever state you live in"

His last message.

"That's fine, but the bottom line is,
I still can't pay for it now that you've made that clear to me,
because it's rejected my 3 credit cards,Two times each.

So,
I have no idea of the universe how you,
or eBay, expect me to pay for this when I have plenty of money to do so."

I cancelled the transaction.