PDA

View Full Version : eBay down

buymycards
08-30-2020, 07:25 AM
eBay has been down for a little while. Also, I just got back from a run, and Garmin seems to be down again. Everything else is working fine.

The eBay app is down, but I am still receiving eBay messages about sales and payments.

Ronnie73
08-30-2020, 07:27 AM
Facebook has been glitchy all morning also.

cannonballsun
08-30-2020, 07:27 AM
eBay has been down for a little while. Also, I just got back from a run, and Garmin seems to be down again. Everything else is working fine.

The eBay app is down, but I am still receiving eBay messages about sales and payments.

EBay is up for me. I was just on it (with the app)

scooter729
08-30-2020, 07:50 AM
Heritage is down this morning, and they've got an auction ending tonight.

commishbob
08-30-2020, 08:28 AM
There is weird stuff going on today re: the net. I can't get to my fantasy teams pages on any device or thru any browser yet a couple of other owners can. One reported his ESPN page is down but I get to it just fine. Seeing other reports of not reaching eBay but I had no issues.

How 2020 can things get?

toledo_mudhen
08-30-2020, 08:40 AM
So when I woke up this morning - all of the internet was down for me. Being the IT kinda guy that I am - I tracked down the issue to a DNS problem which appears to have occurred around 1:30 AM Central.

This was a BIG issueand pretty much affected all websites there were not previously visited (your DNS Cache will appear to pull up frequently visited pages but anything new - not so much)

I use the Cisco Open DNS servers for resolving page names and upon swapping those servers out for say Google DNS "8.8.8.8" I was able to get intermittent connectivity.

I checked the Open DNS support site for issues and they have posted the following:

Type:Service Notification
Update:13:09 UTC August 30, 2020
New
We're currently investigating a connectivity issue to our services caused by local ISP. We're sorry for the inconvenience this may cause. An update is expected shortly.

So I initially thought the issue was limited to the Cisco DNS Servers out in internet land - but after seeing this post it appears the problem is obviously more widespread.