PDA

View Full Version : Closing Tonight: Love of the Game Auctions

Al C.risafulli
08-29-2020, 08:46 AM
Hi everyone:

I hope everyone is healthy and safe.

Just a reminder that the LOTG Summer auction closes tonight. Extended bidding begins at 9pm.

We made a small change to our "Double Overtime" closing procedure for this auction. Instead of entering Double OT at 1am, tonight we will try and start double OT at MIDNIGHT (eastern). This means that any lot in the auction that does not receive a bid between midnight and 1am will close promptly at 1am.

All the remaining items will stay open under the 15 minute rule for the entire auction.

Some fantastic prewar cards and memorabilia are still available, along with our 1952 Topps "Mystery Find," a host of interesting autographs, programs and scorecards, and great game-worn material from the Ted Patterson collection (including a great 1944-46 Baltimore Orioles full flannel uniform worn by infielder Frankie Skaff - I have no idea how baseball players could possibly withstand the heat inside the heavy flannel and wool in a day-game in mid July!)

You can access the auction at http://loveofthegameauctions.com/catalog.aspx if you're interested.

Good luck!
-Al

doug.goodman
08-29-2020, 12:00 PM
Al -

I would like to thank you and your team for attempting to date all the scorecards that you list in your auctions.

Many auction houses do not put any effort into this, and in my mind it's necessary info for buyers to bid on most scorecards (and for sellers to get a premium price).

Doug

PS - I do not have any scorecards in the auction, in case you anybody thinks this is some way an advertisement (a "thrad") for my items.