PDA

View Full Version : 1887 Buchner N284-3 Gold Coin Jockey Set Lawrence Ural #29

michaelural
08-28-2020, 08:09 AM
Does anyone here have or know where I could get a Lawrence Ural card? Last year I learned he's my great great grandfather and I've been trying to acquire his trading card.

Thanks,
Michael Ural

swarmee
08-28-2020, 02:07 PM
You could also try the nonsports board by using the photo link in the top right corner of the message board.

michaelural
08-31-2020, 09:57 AM
Thank you

MooseDog
09-01-2020, 02:12 PM
Michael -

I don't know if you know much about your great-great-grandfather's history, but if you are interested in learning more, start here:

https://www.keeneland.com/keeneland-library

Unfortunately closed indefinitely due to COVID but will open again and some point. The Keeneland organization is supremely well funded.

They are basically the Library of Congress for horse racing and the librarians here love to help people do research. I'm in the horse business and my "sort of in-laws" let it slip that his great grandfather was a jockey but he didn't know anything about his career. I was able to find out he was actually quite good for a couple of years before a serious injury.

Good luck on your card search.

michaelural
09-02-2020, 12:35 PM
Moosedog! Thank you for the reference! I've started to contact the folks at Keeneland. Interesting to see if there's anything there:)