PDA

View Full Version : Help removing pencil off front of Goudey

cyclo
08-08-2020, 10:06 PM
Hi,

I need help with suggestions removing deep pencil markings....quite literally an offensive symbol was etched on the front next to the heads of my Duke, and Weissmuller cards to the point where PSA sent them back with a “NOHOLDER” tag, and refused to case it. which is understandable, How do I remove these pencil markings without completely obliterating the front of the card?

Leon
08-10-2020, 06:49 AM
Hi,

I need help with suggestions removing deep pencil markings....quite literally an offensive symbol was etched on the front next to the heads of my Duke, and Weissmuller cards to the point where PSA sent them back with a “NOHOLDER” tag, and refused to case it. which is understandable, How do I remove these pencil markings without completely obliterating the front of the card?

I use a Mars Plastic Eraser for pencil marks. There were some pencil marks done ages ago that will barely, if at all, come off. And if they are deep then the indentions will be left and you might have the same issue with PSA....

swarmee
08-10-2020, 07:54 AM
PSA sent them back with a “NOHOLDER” tag, and refused to case it. which is understandable
If they do grade them in the future, do not expect anything higher than AUTH ALTERED. And you'll need to write "PLEASE SLAB AS AUTHENTIC / ALTERED IF CARDS DO NOT GET NUMBER GRADES" on the form.

cyclo
08-10-2020, 08:24 AM
Thanks a ton this helps alot.

perezfan
08-10-2020, 09:11 AM
If they do grade them in the future, do not expect anything higher than AUTH ALTERED. And you'll need to write "PLEASE SLAB AS AUTHENTIC / ALTERED IF CARDS DO NOT GET NUMBER GRADES" on the form.

Or just send them through Moser/PWCC and get your desired number grades from PSA.