PDA

View Full Version : Need advice ASAP

Madi$on18joshua
08-07-2020, 01:35 PM
Hello 54'ers! My wife and I are now in escrow to buy our 4th house (we rent them on airbnb) and its time to sell my small card collection. Now mine isn't anywhere near what Leons was/is but I've got some lower grade cards people want. I'd say i have maybe a $120k ish worth of cards 2 sets a 1915 cracker jack set #9 on the psa registry missing just 2 cards - Cobb and Jackson. I am keeping the Joe Jackson I have. Average set weight PSA 3ish, a complete NM/MT 1986 Fleet set complete w/ stickers only the PSA 8 Jordan is graded. Plus numerous other graded key cards and rookies like 51 Mantle psa 2, Mays psa 1, 54 Aaron psa 1, 34 Gehrig psa 3, 61 Wilt Chamberlain psa 6, 80 Bird, Irving, Johnson psa 7, 58 Jim Brown psa 6, 65 Namath PSA 6, T205 Cobb SGC 1 and several more.

I was talking with Mile High as their auction starts August 17 and they said they recommend me putting it in that one as they will send out an email highlighting items added to the auction but i was thinking that might hurt my results as I rarely go through every lot in a auction. I look at the catalog and see what i want to bid on.

My question is: Do I let it run in the Aug 17th auction or wait til the one in november? Plus by selecting another auction i get to see the cards in a catalog that i get to keep :-)

Its not like I have to have the cash now. I have enough for the house but we will need to do some remodeling and that's where this $$$ will go. Appreciate your feedback in advance.

GeoPoto
08-07-2020, 02:14 PM
I think you answered your own question. Waiting appears to have no significant negatives (from what you said) and waiting has several important advantages, including robust inclusion in the auction marketing from the beginning, avoiding the AH rushing to include your items, and a souvenir catalog. You can probably consign the items and then borrow against them, should it became important to get faster access to the cash.

MikeGarcia
08-07-2020, 02:32 PM
.. Silver just hit $28 , so ''collectibles'' are looking good .....

..the cards may be worth a lot more at an auction closer to Thanksgiving ...??