PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else having an issue with multiple email The Sports Auction Company

whiteymet
08-02-2020, 10:06 PM
Hi Gang:

A new auction house called The Sports Auction Company had their initial auction that ended tonight.

Not to mention earlier emails through the days the auction was running, tonight between 11:11 PM and 11:24 PM I LITERALLY received 15 emails with the Subject Line: Bids for the Inaugural

Each email showed me the lots I was watching. NOT bidding on.

Did everyone have this same problem or was it just me??

ZiggerZagger
08-02-2020, 10:21 PM
Same -- otherwise a pretty seamless experience, though.

Enjoyed the closing format of Overtime and then Double Overtime with lots closing individually. Done and dusted by Midnight or so on my one win.

Proof will be in the turnaround and safe receipt of items, but so far so good for a first-time AH, albeit with some veteran Principals.

AddieJoss
08-03-2020, 10:30 AM
Same... hoping shipping costs are normal and not like some AHs out there.

jayshum
08-03-2020, 11:42 AM
I also got multiple emails for the lots I was watching. Unfortunately, prices got too high for me to bid on anything.

jcc6252
08-04-2020, 12:47 PM
I received multiple annoying emails as well. They need to get it together, it's not that hard!

keithsky
08-04-2020, 01:43 PM
No one could be as worse as Goldin Auctions for emails during a 3 week period when they run their auction. I get at least 1 to 2 emails a day for stuff I don't even have any interest in bidding on. Its insane.

jcc6252
08-04-2020, 03:27 PM
I received multiple annoying emails as well. They need to get it together, it's not that hard!

Update: I just received a call from "The Sports Auction Company (Louis)" about the emails. It sounds like it was a system glitch more than anything else. I take back my previous comment, and realize s**t happens. We had a great conversation about auctions and collecting, and recommend their auctions for the future!