PDA

View Full Version : A new pitching legend (cough, cough). Vaccine, please....

Brian Van Horn
07-27-2020, 03:59 PM
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/dr-anthony-faucis-topps-card-sets-record-with-print-run-of-51512-cards-164149878.html

Fred
07-27-2020, 05:58 PM
WTF? - people are actually paying a hundred bucks or more for that. Should we hold out for the refractor version of the card?

midwaylandscaping
07-27-2020, 08:12 PM
I already have a toilet where I s--t and plenty of toilet paper. The only uses I see for his card, so I'll pass. :(:D:D

Tyruscobb
07-27-2020, 10:52 PM
Over 51,000 purchased/printed. Wow, and why?

How many days will it take to see the first graded 10 to pop up on eBay? Moreover, what will be the asking price?

Brian Van Horn
07-28-2020, 12:32 AM
Wonder if Fauci and 50 Cent will be featured in a first pitch set. Bonus card will be a Roseanne Barr National Anthem card.

DJCollector1
07-28-2020, 01:03 AM
Yep, a card of this jackass who has been preaching to "wear a mask" for months, yet 5 minutes after tossing out the opening pitch, he is shown in the stands with people around him none of which were wearing masks.

To those that say "Well he was supposedly tested that day and none of them had the virus".

That is completely and utterly irrelevant. We are all told EVERYONE should always wear a mask when we go out, because we never know who all has it.
You lead by example, and wearing a mask in front of the American public was, AND IS the right thing to do. (If you truly believe in this whole virus "show", which for the record I don't)

Some of us have had the virus and gotten over it months ago, yet we are still told we SHOULD wear a mask......... ALL THE TIME in public. Why should he be any different? He should be THE FIRST to always be seen in public wearing a mask.

These cards should all be rounded up and burned publicly, and this moron ousted from his "highly regarded and well-paid position".

SMH.

KMayUSA6060
07-28-2020, 05:32 AM
Is there a SP version of this with a picture of Fauci actually drinking water? Or did nobody get a picture of that to back up his explanation for not wearing a mask in between 2 people in the stands?

2dueces
07-28-2020, 06:35 AM
Love to see his taxes before and after the vaccine.

z28jd
07-28-2020, 07:13 AM
When I saw the announcement for this card I figured it could set a new low for a print run, not a high. That was clearly a big mistake on my part, thinking that people would think like a collector. Five years from now this card will be completely worthless. He's not a sports figure or a celebrity. There are hundreds of people on Ebay paying $100+ for his card who will never see a penny of that money back. The print run could have been 10% of what it actually was and it would still be worthless down the line.

Anyone remember the Derek Jeter card with Mantle in the dugout and George Bush in the crowd? That was selling for $200 for weeks, but now it could be had for $5, which includes delivery...and that card has three people more famous than Fauci. People were buying that card as an investment, not looking at the amount of people selling them on Ebay, which was giving a clear picture of how it wasn't rare.

If someone here bought that card of Fauci, sell it immediately. You'll make good money if you bought it from Topps, or you won't lose a lot down the line if you paid Ebay prices.

Brian Van Horn
07-28-2020, 08:47 AM
Fauci cards currently on eBay and completed lots:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=fauci+card&_sacat=0

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=fauci+card&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_Complete=1

Incredible.

MikeGarcia
07-28-2020, 09:23 AM
Love to see his taxes before and after the vaccine.

...he's close to 80 years old ? Ha ha Do you think he cares about taxes ?

conor912
07-28-2020, 10:09 AM
After Topps Opening Day started making cards for pizza and chili dogs, this doesn’t surprise/bother me one bit. It would be interesting to see if Topps made a Trump card had he thrown out the pitch. I imagine that’s not a pile of shit they would want to step in, but what do I know?

dbrown
07-28-2020, 10:29 AM
With water. And OMG he is smiling as he talks to his friend! Scandal. Public servants should not smile.

https://nypost.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2020/07/anthony-fauci-1.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=662

timn1
07-28-2020, 10:38 AM
This one crosses the line, in my opinion. 150,000 people dead is a “show”?

I urge you to shut the thread down or it’s gonna get ugly. Net54 is our getaway from this Shite.

Yep, a card of this jackass who has been preaching to "wear a mask" for months, yet 5 minutes after tossing out the opening pitch, he is shown in the stands with people around him none of which were wearing masks.

To those that say "Well he was supposedly tested that day and none of them had the virus".

That is completely and utterly irrelevant. We are all told EVERYONE should always wear a mask when we go out, because we never know who all has it.
You lead by example, and wearing a mask in front of the American public was, AND IS the right thing to do. (If you truly believe in this whole virus "show", which for the record I don't)

Some of us have had the virus and gotten over it months ago, yet we are still told we SHOULD wear a mask......... ALL THE TIME in public. Why should he be any different? He should be THE FIRST to always be seen in public wearing a mask.

These cards should all be rounded up and burned publicly, and this moron ousted from his "highly regarded and well-paid position".

SMH.

packs
07-28-2020, 10:53 AM
I wish they did an autographed run.