PDA

View Full Version : Baseball: America's Home Run

larrie804
07-22-2020, 01:33 PM
At 2:00PM today the Smithsonian's National Postal Museum held a webinar entitled "Baseball: America's Home Run". It was, in my opinion, very well done! As many of you may know there was to have been a three year long exhibit at the National Postal Museum with will be titled "Baseball: America's Home Run". Because of COVID-19 the exhibit has been postponed. The two primary presenters were Steven Wong (probably a member of Net54) and Daniel Piazza Chief Curator of the National Postal Museum. The presentation was recorded and will be available on the Museum's webpage. My thanks to REA for bring the presentation to my attention. You can access the Webinar at https://youtu.be/J1vf2BAVgag

DCDSports
07-22-2020, 03:09 PM
I was on the call as well. Very well done. I was fortunate enough to get a tour of a lot of this material last year in the archives (I also do work with the Smithsonian). The Postal Museum is a hugely underrated part of the Smithsonian (it's also unfortunately not on the Mall), and has some truly amazing artifacts. It's going to be a spectacular exhibition.