PDA

View Full Version : Money players, Babe vs. Mays

bigred1
07-12-2020, 06:25 AM
Going through some threads about who is best player ever, most recently the best lefty debate i decided to look at postseason stats for Babe vs. Mays. What i found was interesting. Mays batted .247 over 99 at bats with 1 home run. Babe batted .326 over 129 at bats with 15 home runs. I guess my money is on the Babe, who along with that pitched 3 world series games and was 3-0 with a 0.87 era, wow, IMHO. I am sure there are others to compare, but i just got wowed. Used baseball-reference as my only source.

cardsagain74
07-13-2020, 12:19 AM
Never realized that about Mays. Plus just one ring, and that was against the Indians (so does it really count) :)

I'll now always think of him as the Clayton Kershaw of hitters for the playoffs.

Leon
07-17-2020, 03:05 PM
Going through some threads about who is best player ever, most recently the best lefty debate i decided to look at postseason stats for Babe vs. Mays. What i found was interesting. Mays batted .247 over 99 at bats with 1 home run. Babe batted .326 over 129 at bats with 15 home runs. I guess my money is on the Babe, who along with that pitched 3 world series games and was 3-0 with a 0.87 era, wow, IMHO. I am sure there are others to compare, but i just got wowed. Used baseball-reference as my only source.

Ruth was a great pitcher.

tkd
07-17-2020, 08:33 PM
Babe Ruth all the way. The more I research Ruth and his accomplishments on the field i'm amazed. He was outstanding in both regular and post season.
In my opinion Ruth is the best overall baseball player of all time.