PDA

View Full Version : Do We Have Any Database Administrators in the House?

Leon
07-11-2020, 05:24 PM
I am looking for a DBA to help repair some corrupted DB files we have....any and all help appreciated. thanks

Tabe
07-11-2020, 06:17 PM
What format is the database?

Leon
07-11-2020, 06:21 PM
What format is the database?

I can find out. But our s/w is a lamp stack. The hosting company will give full access but they aren't dba'.

They said they are flat files.....and maybe marked Red?

Tabe
07-11-2020, 06:56 PM
I can find out. But our s/w is a lamp stack. The hosting company will give full access but they aren't dba'.

They said they are flat files.....and maybe marked Red?

Alright, you don't want me then. They are likely MySQL or something similar. And while I'm pretty good with MySQL, I'm not the guy you'd want for that.

Leon
07-11-2020, 07:12 PM
Alright, you don't want me then. They are likely MySQL or something similar. And while I'm pretty good with MySQL, I'm not the guy you'd want for that.

Yeap...linux, apache, mysql, php

Thanks for checking. I haven't gone other places to find one yet but will very soon.

T206.org
07-11-2020, 08:26 PM
I'm not a DBA, but I have been using MySQL as a database for many projects since 2002. I've never experienced any data corruption, but if I did I would ask the hosting company to try the built in commands for table repair first: https://www.hivelocity.net/kb/how-to-check-and-repair-a-corrupted-mysql-database-table-using-ssh/

Hope it helps!

Butch7999
07-11-2020, 11:50 PM
If there's not a qualified DBA at whatever outfit operates the Net54 software, and you can't find
such a person at a computer tech service / store nearby, you might try asking over at
https://www.theadminzone.com
-- just a suggestion, not a guarantee, but there are plenty of forum / bulletin board techies there...

Leon
07-12-2020, 07:36 AM
If there's not a qualified DBA at whatever outfit operates the Net54 software, and you can't find
such a person at a computer tech service / store nearby, you might try asking over at
https://www.theadminzone.com
-- just a suggestion, not a guarantee, but there are plenty of forum / bulletin board techies there...

Thanks Butch. I have 2 members who are looking to help and they have some MYSQL experience. I am not afraid to go outside for help if I need to. But would rather try it with friends of the family first.

RedSox3
07-12-2020, 10:18 AM
Hi, Leon, I'm the DBA over at OBC (Old Baseball Cards), retired from IBM with about 25 years of DB2 DBA experience, have some moderate LAMP familiarity (heavy on PHP & MySQL) and a little spare time, but probably few "cutting edge of technology" skills. While I've got a couple other projects currently going, I'd be happy to offer an extra set of eyes on the Net54 data corruption problem along with whoever else you've got looking at this issue.

Best,
WMD

(Wayne Delia, wayne.m.delia@oldbaseball.com)

frohme
07-12-2020, 10:32 AM
Hi Leon,

I've got a good bit of DBA experience, but most of it is Postgres (only a little MySQL). Would be happy to help if needed, and it would be useful.

--
Mike

Leon
07-12-2020, 10:52 AM
Hi, Leon, I'm the DBA over at OBC (Old Baseball Cards), retired from IBM with about 25 years of DB2 DBA experience, have some moderate LAMP familiarity (heavy on PHP & MySQL) and a little spare time, but probably few "cutting edge of technology" skills. While I've got a couple other projects currently going, I'd be happy to offer an extra set of eyes on the Net54 data corruption problem along with whoever else you've got looking at this issue.

Best,
WMD

(Wayne Delia, wayne.m.delia@oldbaseball.com)

Hey Wayne
My email bounced when I sent one. :) It gave a ton of code as to why....do you have a different one or can you PM me, please?

And Mike F
Thanks so much....I will take a raincheck if we need it. Mucho appreciated....

RedSox3
07-12-2020, 11:56 AM
Hey Wayne
My email bounced when I sent one. :) It gave a ton of code as to why....do you have a different one or can you PM me, please?

Senior moment there!

wayne.m.delia@gmail.com

Sorry!

Best,
WMD