PDA

View Full Version : Variation in size on 1940 Playball

snagltooth
07-06-2020, 11:27 AM
I have a question. I recently bought a 1940 playball card that was given a PSA numerical grade, but on inspection it is 1/32" too small left to right as well as top to bottom. Does anyone know if this is an acceptable variation in size for this issue? It is returnable and has me wondering. I'd rather not post a picture to avoid ruffling any feathers prior to a return, but to my eye (under magnification) I don't see any evidence of trimming. I only have one other card from this set (which is how I noticed the difference), so I don't know if slight variation is common or suspect. Thanks a lot in advance for any replies.

perezfan
07-06-2020, 02:51 PM
Unless it's a card that you'd have major trouble replacing, I would just return it. PSA has proven time and again that they cannot detect trimmed cards, and this one will always have a tinge of doubt surrounding it.

Every time you look at the card, I am betting you'll second-guess it more so than enjoy it. So if it's something you could replace (without waiting a year or two), go ahead and hold out for a better example. Even though it may be within PSA's "range of tolerance", the uncertainty will probably eat away at you.

Just my opinion, FWIW.

snagltooth
07-07-2020, 09:49 AM
I appreciate the reply, it's good advice and pretty close to the mark. I think I will probably do that, thanks for taking the time.