PDA

View Full Version : OT: Case breaking website

Snapolit1
06-29-2020, 06:59 PM
Just for shits and giggles, I bought a few spots in a pretty well known case breaking website over the weekend. They break all sports, and for some reason I got an email about a high end basketball break they were doing. Possibility of a 1/1 Zion patch card. I don't even collect basketball but was intrigued. Funny thing is the website is run by a guy who was a member here for a while, came on like a ton of bricks, rubbed many people the wrong way, and then passed by like Haley's comet. (Maybe banned, I don't know.) So I bought a dozen slots in the most recent case they broke open just to kind of see what it's like. Hell, a $14 lottery ticket for a card worth (supposedly) nearly a million. What the hell. It's been a slow week....
Well, it was interesting. I'm not here to crap on it at all. I have kids the ages of most of the guys running the site. It's loud, insanely high paced, has a lot of crazy bro talk . . . .in other words sounds a lot like podcasts and sports shows my sons listen to. After my 12 lottery tickets expired I checked out, for good. I can't take all the screaming. There's no pretext people are into the cards. One guy today drew Elgin Baylor in a pull and made some crack about him being a garbage can player. LOL. Had no idea. It's strictly commercial stuff, and just fishing for a 1/1 or 1/10 that can be flipped on eBay. Very frantic paced with lots and lots of yelling. Pacing reminded me of Ray Liotta at the end of Goodfellas. Just 100 miles an hour at all times with wild hysteria.
Well, it was interesting to see and experience. To each his own. Looks like this guy has developed a good thing and something he's very good at promoting. Seems to be doing very well. I'll stay in the world of boring pre-war baseball, where people seem to care about the game of baseball. If I want to buy scratch off lotteries I can do that. Was an odd scene for sure.

commishbob
06-29-2020, 07:12 PM
Sounds like the modern version of these clowns

Snapolit1
06-29-2020, 07:15 PM
Sounds like the modern version of these clowns

I just was speechless as the insanity of the promotion and non stop yelling. I guess its the ADHD generation, and everything has to move at a frantic pace to hold anyone's interest. I feel relieved to be done with it, like a girlfriend who talks nonstop being shown the door. LOL

Jcosta19
06-29-2020, 07:33 PM
Funny timing. I just bought a couple mega boxes of 2020 Bowman baseball for a shot at Jasson Dominguez rookie and auto cards.

Haven't bought anything modern since the 90s.

Guess we are all getting bored with no shows to go to.

Wish me luck. Shows up in a couple days.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

RL
06-30-2020, 12:24 PM
I bought 1 blaster box, got a base Dominguez

Eric72
06-30-2020, 01:47 PM
So, I guess you didn’t get a strawberry plaid neon die-cut mirrored copper ultrafractor numbered to 3.14?

todeen
06-30-2020, 02:44 PM
I don't know much about basketball. The only reason I know Elgin Baylor is because he went to my little college, College of Idaho. School population in 2004 = 1000 students. When I graduated, someone in my class was like the 3000th graduate from the school.

Needless to say, Elgin Baylor was a big thing there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk