PDA

View Full Version : Board auction etiquette

GrayGhost
06-28-2020, 07:10 PM
How do u guys proceed when a N54 auction of yours closes?

I send a PM and another next day if I don’t hear, plus if someone has visited the board, I feel a fairly timely reply to a PM is fair

Payment within a couple days if auction win?

Thoughts Scott

bnorth
06-28-2020, 07:15 PM
How do u guys proceed when a N54 auction of yours closes?

I send a PM and another next day if I don’t hear, plus if someone has visited the board, I feel a fairly timely reply to a PM is fair

Payment within a couple days if auction win?

Thoughts Scott

I send a PM after the auction ends to see how the buyer wants to pay. I expect payment in a day or two unless other arrangements are made. I have waited a week or two for payment with no problem as long as the buyer asks.

For me the biggest thing is communication.

bigfish
06-28-2020, 07:30 PM
No need to worry. I was golfing this weekend and just got home. Will pay you for the Ozzie Smith shortly.

Be well

Toby

GrayGhost
06-28-2020, 07:54 PM
Leon feel free to delete this if u want to.

bobbyw8469
06-29-2020, 08:13 AM
I send a PM after the auction ends to see how the buyer wants to pay. I expect payment in a day or two unless other arrangements are made. I have waited a week or two for payment with no problem as long as the buyer asks.

For me the biggest thing is communication.

Agreed. Communication is huge. If people just say, "Hey, It might be a week or two" I am cool with that. If after 4 days, I don't hear anything, I start to worry.

Leon
06-29-2020, 12:41 PM
Leon feel free to delete this if u want to.

Why? I think it is good to talk about auctions in the bst. I am thinking about auctioning a big card over there and paying the fee for a front page thread to tout it. :)
The best rules are no rules .....and communication is key.

To all members, I want to know of issues over on the BST, in any area. Every one ever sent to me has been dealt with as fairly as possible. Knock on wood there is probably less than 1 issue a month over there, which I am apprised of.
Please let me know. We don't want bad actors over there. (no snarky comments about members please. :))

bobbyw8469
06-29-2020, 12:49 PM
There is one guy over there who overgrades stuff quite bad, but I guess pictures trump puffery. And the Net54 auction thread is MILESSSSS better than Ebay. Sure, it doesn't get the eyeballs Ebay gets, but no fees is HUGE!!!

Leon
06-29-2020, 01:02 PM
There is one guy over there who overgrades stuff quite bad, but I guess pictures trump puffery. And the Net54 auction thread is MILESSSSS better than Ebay. Sure, it doesn't get the eyeballs Ebay gets, but no fees is HUGE!!!

I know there are a few people who rub others the wrong way. They haven't done anything other than some puffery, and maybe asking unrealistic prices, as far as I am aware.
No fees is a good thing....and setting your own parameters is good too.
Remember to communicate quickly and clearly.

Mike Eisenbath
06-29-2020, 10:22 PM
Pardon my ignorance, collecting brethren, but how do I access the BST area?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

toledo_mudhen
06-30-2020, 04:42 AM
Howdy St Charles, Misery :)

On the Main Forums Page
Scroll down half way and you will see all of the BST Categories
They are noted as "B/S/T" at the end of the links

(South Texas via Sedalia, Misery)
(and Sedalia, Misery via Toledo, OH)

HercDriver
06-30-2020, 09:59 AM
The BST is far better than Ebay, and definitely the #1 way I add to my collection. As far as etiquette, I would say that most guys are pretty good. The one thing I could do without is bumping auctions before the last day. Nobody needs to see "Three days left!" If it's interesting, it will bump itself with a bid. By doing multiple day bumps, you're just pushing the actual last day bumps down the list. Just my two cents...

Cheers,
Geno

bobbyw8469
06-30-2020, 02:07 PM
The BST is far better than Ebay, and definitely the #1 way I add to my collection. As far as etiquette, I would say that most guys are pretty good. The one thing I could do without is bumping auctions before the last day. Nobody needs to see "Three days left!" If it's interesting, it will bump itself with a bid. By doing multiple day bumps, you're just pushing the actual last day bumps down the list. Just my two cents...

Cheers,
Geno

I do it when someone else bumps his auctions causing mine to get buried. Equate it to standing at a concert. When the first person in a row stands in order to see better, it causes everyone behind them to stand as well so they can see better too.

buymycards
06-30-2020, 05:34 PM
Maybe this has been covered already, but I see that Scott is using "board time" for his auctions. Board time is actually Central time, as Leon has pointed out. If you want to place a bid, but you aren't sure whether or not the auction is over, just scroll to the bottom of the page, and sure enough, there is the board time.